Foundation Scholarship Application
Apply now for Summer Term 2021 scholarships!
Applications for Summer Term 2021 will be accepted until 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Fall Term: Apply June 15-July 15
Spring Term: Apply October 1-31
Summer Term: Apply March 1-31
Foundation for Seminole State College offers scholarships three times per year. In 2019-2020, the Foundation provided 3,153 awards totaling over $1.28 million.
Who Can Apply?
All enrolled students at Seminole State College. except for dual-enrolled or transient students, are eligible to apply for Foundation scholarships. The Foundation has over 200 scholarship funds; each scholarship specifies its own criteria which can include financial need, GPA, academic program, residency, and a variety of other requirements. Students are strongly encouraged to also apply for FASFA, which may help access additional financial assistance programs and scholarships.
All applicants are required to submit a 300-500 word essay explaining their academic and career goals, how they plan to accomplish those goals, and their current financial situation.
Scholarship Application Information
- The application period for the Summer 2021 term is open.
- Students will be able to apply for Foundation scholarships for the Summer 2021 term until March 31, 2021.
- All applicants are required to submit a 300-500 word essay explaining
- their academic and career goals
- how they plan to accomplish those goals
- and their current financial situation.
How to Apply
- Go to www.foundationscholars.com and click/tap on the Apply Now button.
- If you have trouble logging in to the scholarship system, please follow the troubleshooting directions. If you are still unable to log in, please contact the HelpDesk at 407.708.2000 or email@example.com
- Click the gold Sign In button in the upper right corner.
- Enter your network User Name and Password which are the same User Name and Password you use to login to Canvas, the Library, or any of the College’s lab computers.
- When you log in for the first time, you will be directed to complete the General Application. You will need to complete the General Application before the scholarship system will show you any additional recommended scholarships for which you may be eligible to apply. You should complete all of the fields, even if they are not required. The non-required fields are required for some individual scholarships, and if these fields are left blank, you will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Once you have completed the General Application, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page. This will direct you to all recommended scholarships. It is encouraged that you apply for all recommended scholarships.
Please note: There are many auto-match scholarship opportunities that each applicant will be considered for automatically upon submission of the General Application.
- When logging back in after the initial sign-in, select ‘Opportunities’ then select ‘Recommended’ to view the recommended scholarships again.
- You may also view 'External' opportunities which include links to scholarships that are offered outside of the Foundation and College.
- If you have questions regarding Foundation scholarships,
please contact the Foundation at 407.708.4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information regarding any other financial aid matters,
please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at 407.708.2045 or FAHelp@seminolestate.edu.
Managing over 200 scholarship accounts, the Foundation offers many opportunities for students to receive tuition and book assistance during the Fall, Spring and Summer terms. Visit https://seminolestate.academicworks.com/ to learn what opportunities are currently available.