Foundation Scholarship Application
The foundation for Seminole State College offers scholarships prior to each term. In 2021-22, the Foundation provided almost $1.2 million in scholarship and emergency assistance to 1,488 students with an average award of $740.
The Foundation scholarship application period for the 2024 Spring Term will be open on October 1, 2023. Students should log in during that time to update or complete their application for consideration. Once submitted, the application will utilize the student's record to automatically match students to opportunities where they meet the requirements. Students can also explore and submit an application to additional "Apply To" opportunities which require information that is not part of the student record.
Who Can Apply?
All enrolled students at Seminole State College. except for dual-enrolled or transient students, are eligible to apply for Foundation scholarships. The Foundation has over 300 scholarship funds; each scholarship specifies its own criteria which can include financial need, GPA, academic program, residency, and a variety of other requirements. Students are strongly encouraged to also apply for FASFA (even if PELL approval is not expected), as this information is utilized to validate financial need by applying the estimated family contribution toward the total cost of attendance. If for some reason a student is not able to participate in the FASFA process, please contact the Foundation at email@example.com for further guidance.
Scholarship Application Information
- The application period for Foundation scholarships for Fall Term 2023 is now closed. Students will be notified of an award prior to the first day of classes or may log into the Foundation scholarship system to see the status of their application. The application period for Spring 2024 term scholarships will open on October 1, 2023.
- All applicants are required to submit a 300-500 word essay detailing
- academic studies and post-graduation goals
- how their degree will benefit the community
- current financial obstacles
- how a Foundation scholarship will help address these obstacles.
How to Apply
Students who have completed their first term of attendance may apply for Foundation Scholarships using our online scholarship application system.
- Go to www.foundationscholars.com or scroll to the highlighted box above that is visible during open application periods and click/tap on the Apply Now for Scholarships button.
- If you have trouble logging in to the scholarship system, please follow the troubleshooting directions. If you are still unable to log in, please contact the HelpDesk at 407.708.2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the gold Sign In With Your Institution button.
- Enter your Seminole State email address and the password associated with this email. The format style will be XXX@live.seminolestate.edu.
- When you log in for the first time during an application period, you will be directed to complete the General Application. You will need to complete the General Application before the scholarship system will show you any additional recommended scholarships for which you may be eligible to apply. You should complete all of the fields, even if they are not required. The non-required fields are required for some individual scholarships, and if these fields are left blank, you will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Once you have completed the General Application, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page. This will direct you to all recommended scholarships. It is encouraged that you apply for all recommended scholarships. These are scholarships where the applicant meets most or all of the eligibility requirements.
Please note: There are many auto-match scholarship opportunities that each applicant will be considered for automatically upon submission of the General Application.
- When logging back in after the initial sign-in, select ‘Opportunities’ and then select ‘Recommended’ to view the recommended scholarships again.
- You may also view 'External' opportunities, when available, which include links to scholarships that are offered outside of the Foundation and College.
- View "Ours" to see a complete list of all scholarships offered during the open application period. Students may apply to any or all of the scholarships listed; however, only applications that meet all the eligibility requirements will be considered.
- Auto-Match opportunities will list "None" as no further action is required by the applicant.
How to Compose a Great Essay
A great essay will convince reviewers that you are a great investment for our donors. Be sure to include the following points in your essay:
- What is your program of study and what motivated you to pursue a career in this area?
- What are your goals post-graduation and beyond?
- How will your degree impact our community and society?
- What financial obstacles are you facing and how can a scholarship help you?
The essay should be 500 words. Be detailed and honest in your essay. If you have a low GPA, let the reviewers know why. Life happens, but your explanation will let them know you are making your best effort.
Please make sure to complete your FASFA for the current school year at FASFA even if you are not eligible for Federal Financial Assistance. If you are prohibited from filing a FASFA, please contact email@example.com for guidance.
- If you have questions regarding Foundation scholarships,
please contact the Foundation at 407.708.4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information regarding any other financial aid matters,
please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at 407.708.2045 or FAHelp@seminolestate.edu.
Managing close to 300 scholarship accounts, the Foundation offers many opportunities for students to receive tuition and book assistance during the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. Visit https://seminolestate.academicworks.com/ to learn what opportunities are currently available. Opportunities are only visible during an open application period.
Types of Scholarships Available
The following scholarships are offered through the Foundation's online scholarship application system:
- Ashely Nicole Strum Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Casey Endowed Scholarship
- Col. Frederick J. Burbach Endowed Scholarship
- Dominic D.H. Pritchard Endowed Scholarship in Creative Writing
- Dorothy Morrison Endowed Scholarship in English and British Literature
- Joseph W. Miller Endowed Scholarship (Photography)
- Kelly Rebecca Minnix Endowed Scholarship
- Lucinda Coulter Burback Economics Endowed Scholarship
- Michael Murphy Memorial Scholarship (Social Sciences/Humanities)
- Sanford Porchfest Scholarships for the Arts
- Thomas Tipton Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Economics)
- Balanoff Family Endowed Scholarship
- Brandon Family Endowed Scholarship in Accounting
- Brenda P. Thacker Endowed Scholarship
- Burr & Forman Endowed Scholarship for Legal Studies
- Chick and Lisa Gregg Entrepreneur Endowed Scholarship
- Florida Society of Professional Accountants Endowed Scholars
- Lucinda Coulter Burbach Endowed Scholarship
- Lucy DiPasqua Endowed Scholarship
- Marvin F. Ellis Next Horizon Endowed Scholarship
- Michael Holmes Endowed Scholarship
- Next Horizon Entrepreneurial Endowed Scholarship
- Orlando Sanford International Airport Diane Crews Endowed Scholarship
- Rosenfield & Co. Endowed Scholarship in Accounting
- Adrienne Bauman Endowed Scholarship for Exception Education
- DeSalvo Family Library Education Endowed Scholarship
- Albert Leroy Brown Foundation Endowed Scholarship
- Alfred Thurston Child, Jr. Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Alumni Legacy Endowed Scholarship
- Anna Fertic Foundation Inc. Endowed Scholarship
- AT&T Endowed Scholarship
- Baker Commercial Landscaping Endowed Scholarship
- Bank of America Endowed Scholarship
- Bernard Albert and Elva Ridings McGee Family Endowed Scholarship
- Beta Chi Chapter of the Delta Kappa Gamma Society International Scholarship in Memory of Ann C. Freeman
- Beth Hattaway Endowed Scholarship
- Brenda Carey Endowed Scholarship
- Charles Perry Partners Inc. Endowed Scholarship for Area of Greatest Need
- David and Ann Fuller Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. and Mrs. Wayne Bauman Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. E. Ann McGee and Charles J. Kovaleski Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Earl K. Weldon Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. E. Ann McGee Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. John Gyllin Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Stephen Caldwell Wright Endowed Scholarship
- Ferguson-Vickaryous Endowed Scholarship
- Frances G. Kopec Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Friends of Carl Selph Endowed Scholarship
- Gaustad Memorial LBTQIA+ Endowed Scholarship
- Generation OM Endowed Scholarship
- Gordon Murdock Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Graham Family Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Helen Hutchison Tucker Memorial Endowed Scholarship in Humanities
- Honorable John and Pat Mica Endowed Scholarship
- Jennifer L. Schott Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Kimball Foundation Endowed Scholarship
- Kiwanis Club of Sanford/Earl Weldon Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Legacy Soccer/Lever Brothers Endowed Scholarship
- Lorenz Family Endowed Scholarship
- Manny & Gerry Garcia/Rotary Club of Seminole County South Endowed Scholarship
- Mark and Andria Herr Endowed Scholarship
- Martha Miller Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Melbourne Family Endowed Scholarship
- Mike and Robin Lloyd Endowed Scholarship
- Mildred O. Lind Endowed Scholarship
- Moridian Family Endowed Scholarship
- Myrna L. Deal Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Paul and Jone Porter Endowed Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa-Pi Lambda Chapter
- Private Business Association of Seminole Endowed Scholarship
- Reverend Amos C. Jones Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Ross Family Endowed Scholarship
- Rotary Club of Altamonte Springs/Forest City Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Rotary Club of Lake Mary Endowed Scholarship
Rotary Club of Sanford Endowed Scholarship
- Rotary Club of Sanford/Sanford Breakfast Club Endowed Scholarship
- Rotary Club of Winter Springs Endowed Scholarship
- Sandra Glenn Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Tracey Jenkins Endowed Scholarship
- Tracy Lynn Rupp Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- University Club of Orlando Endowed Scholarship
- Wayne W. Walker Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- William Howard Estate Endowed Scholarship
- William Schaffner Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Woman's Club of Casselberry Endowed Scholarship for Workplace Success
- Ann Wiggins Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- Arnie Lee Nussbaum Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- Buchiano Family Nursing Endowed Scholarship
- Cara Bradshaw Stenstrom Memorial Nursing Endowed Scholarship
- David Family Endowed Scholarship (Nursing)
- Dorothy Nieto Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Nursing or Business)
- Dr. Cheryl Cicotti Nursing Endowed Scholarship
Dr. Vann Parker Memorial Endowed Scholarship for Nursing
- Dr. Vero Overbay Memorial Nursing Endowed Scholarship
- Gallagher Family Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- George and Gretchen Smith Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- Gould Family Endowed Scholarship for Nursing
- Orlando Health Foundation Nursing Endowed Scholarship
- Roy J. Johnson Memorial Endowed Scholarship for Nursing
- Ruth Stenstrom Czajkia Memorial Nursing Endowed Scholarship
- Sally Burgoyne Smith R.N. Endowed Scholarship
- Saxena Future Caregivers of America Endowed Scholarship
- Shannon L. Brandt Memorial Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- Albert Ray Key Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Construction)
- Barbara A. Phillpitt Endowed Scholarship (Interior Design)
- Charles Perry Partners Inc. Endowed Scholarship in Construction Management
- Chick and Lisa Gregg Endowed Scholarship (Construction & Engineering)
- Dale S. Jones Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Architecture, Engineering, or Construction)
- HuntonBrady Architects Endowed Scholarship (Architecture or Interior Design)
- Jack Jennings Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Construction)
- Jack Glatting Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Architecture or Construction)
- Kevin J. Spolski Endowed Scholarship (Construction)
- PCL Construction Services Endowed Scholarship (Construction)
- Skanska Endowed Scholarship in Construction
- David Anelli Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Plumbing/Plumbing Design)
- Tim & Sheila Smith Endowed Scholarship (Construction)
- Wharton Smith Endowed Scholarship (Construction)
- AFCEA Endowed Scholarship (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology)
- Central Florida Fair Endowed Scholarship (Earth Science or Sustainability)
- Duke Energy Endowed Scholarship (Physical Science)
- Fred J. Isert Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Math or Science)
- Greenwell Foundation Endowed Scholarship ( Math or Science)
- Lina Jones/Barbara Hunnicutt Biology Endowed Scholarship
- Raza and Falon Padhani Endowed Scholarship (Technology, Logistics, Space Exploration, Natural Energy)
- Greenwell Armed Forces Endowed Scholarship
- Paralyzed Veterans of America Central Florida Chapter Endowed Scholarship for Veterans
- Sgt. Mark Johnson Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Vietnam Veterans of America -Frederick R. Harbot Chapter #811 Endowed Scholarship
Program Specific Scholarships
The Foundation also offers scholarships to students enrolled in the following specific program areas. Students should contact their program manager if interested in a scholarship.
- Barbara Miller Endowed Scholarship
- Bridgestone/Firestone Automotive Technology Endowed Scholarship
- CFADA (Central Florida Auto Dealers Association) Endowed Scholarship
- Michael Griffin Endowed Scholarship
- Raj Lally Automotive Program Endowed Scholarship
- Robert J. Schmidt & E.S. Douglas Auto Training Endowed Scholarship
- Vince Murray Automotive Technology Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Burt Perinchief Endowed Scholarship in Choral Music
- Eleanor Mathews Endowed Art Scholarship
- Gloria M. DiMasi Endowed Art Scholarship
- Harriett Lake Theater Endowed Scholarship
- Jack Longfellow Family Endowed Band Scholarship
- Ledford Chambers Smisek Wilhelm Endowed Trumpet Scholarship
- Norm Lewis Musical Theater Endowed Scholarship
- Paul Luby Fine and Performing Arts Endowed Scholarship
- Paul M. Wegman Endowed Scholarship
- Robin Lee Parker Endowed Scholarship in Music
Please submit the attached application during orientation to be considered for one of the following scholarships:
- Alan Kraft Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Bobby Fisher and Patti Long Law Enforcement Academy Police Standards 'L.E.A.P.S" Endowed Scholarship
- Corporal Sharon Sheafer Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- David Mackie Endowed Scholarship for EMS & Fire Science
- Goldenrod Fire Association Endowed Scholarship
- Jim Jollie Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Kevin P. Olsen Memorial Non-Endowed Scholarship
- Larry Dale Endowed Scholarship
- Luis Vielma Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Michael Hoening Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Officers Creegan and Hylton Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Patrick Walshe Memorial Law Enforcement Endowed Scholarship
- Robert Allen Hunt Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Robert German Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Robert J. Schmidt and E.S. Douglas Center for Public Safety Endowed Scholarship
- Salvano Family Public Safety Endowed Scholarship
- Seminole County Sheriff's Office Tom "Pops" Buehler Memorial Endowed Scholarship