Foundation Scholarship Application
Foundation for Seminole State College offers scholarships three times per year. In 2020-21, the Foundation provided $1.1 million in scholarship and emergency assistance to 1,880 students with an average award of $575.
Who Can Apply?
All enrolled students at Seminole State College. except for dual-enrolled or transient students, are eligible to apply for Foundation scholarships. The Foundation has over 200 scholarship funds; each scholarship specifies its own criteria which can include financial need, GPA, academic program, residency, and a variety of other requirements. Students are strongly encouraged to also apply for FASFA, which may help access additional financial assistance programs and scholarships.
All applicants are required to submit a 300-500 word essay explaining their academic and career goals, how they plan to accomplish those goals, and their current financial situation.
Scholarship Application Information
- Students may apply for both Summer and Fall 2022 terms with one application starting March 1 through April 15, 2022.
- All applicants are required to submit a 300-500 word essay explaining
- their academic and career goals
- how they plan to accomplish those goals
- and their current financial situation.
How to Apply
- Go to www.foundationscholars.com and click/tap on the Apply Now button.
- If you have trouble logging in to the scholarship system, please follow the troubleshooting directions. If you are still unable to log in, please contact the HelpDesk at 407.708.2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the gold Sign In With Your Institution button.
- Enter your Seminole State email address and the password associated with this email. The format style will be XXX@live.seminolestate.edu.
- When you log in for the first time, you will be directed to complete the General Application. You will need to complete the General Application before the scholarship system will show you any additional recommended scholarships for which you may be eligible to apply. You should complete all of the fields, even if they are not required. The non-required fields are required for some individual scholarships, and if these fields are left blank, you will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Once you have completed the General Application, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page. This will direct you to all recommended scholarships. It is encouraged that you apply for all recommended scholarships. These are scholarships where the applicant meets most or all of the eligibility requirements.
Please note: There are many auto-match scholarship opportunities that each applicant will be considered for automatically upon submission of the General Application.
- When logging back in after the initial sign-in, select ‘Opportunities’ then select ‘Recommended’ to view the recommended scholarships again.
- You may also view 'External' opportunities, when available, which include links to scholarships that are offered outside of the Foundation and College.
- View "Ours" to see a complete list of all scholarships offered during the open application period. Students may apply to any or all of the scholarships listed; however, only applications that meet all the eligibility requirements will be considered.
- Auto-Match opportunities will list "None" as no further action is required by the applicant.
- If you have questions regarding Foundation scholarships,
please contact the Foundation at 407.708.4567 or email email@example.com.
- For information regarding any other financial aid matters,
please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at 407.708.2045 or FAHelp@seminolestate.edu.
Managing over 200 scholarship accounts, the Foundation offers many opportunities for students to receive tuition and book assistance during the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. Visit https://seminolestate.academicworks.com/ to learn what opportunities are currently available. Opportunities are only visible during an open application period.