Safety and Security
Seminole State College of Florida is dedicated to protecting the rights of all individuals and ensuring their safety and well-being. Students, faculty, staff and visitors are expected to conduct themselves with proper respect for one another and their property at all times.
We want you to enjoy a safe campus and the right to be free from acts and threats of violence. While no campus is completely immune from problems that may affect personal or institutional security, we can all do our part to ensure that Seminole State College remains a safe place to learn and work.
Reporting Crimes and Emergencies
|Campus Security Locations|
|Altamonte Springs||Room A-132A (across from Cashier's window)||407.708.2178|
|Heathrow||Security Desk located in front lobby|
|Oviedo||OVF Bldg. Room 105 (next to Central Receiving)|
|Sanford/Lake Mary||J Bldg. Room 009|
The following suggestions will help keep you safe on campus:
- At night, stay in areas that are well lit.
- Remain alert to your surroundings and report suspicious activity to campus security.
- If you suspect someone on campus is a threat to others, call security immediately. Do not approach the person yourself.
- Lock your car doors, and remove valuables from sight.
- Do not leave your property unattended.
- Call security for an escort to or from your car if you feel uncomfortable walking alone at night.
Seminole State College employs security officers and supervisors under the direction of the vice president of administrative services. All officers are trained and licensed under Chapter 493 of the Florida Statutes. Officers receive training in CPR/AED/First Aid; Incident Command and the National Incident Management System (ICS/NIMS); the Emergency Notification System; and evacuation procedures.
Blue & Gold ID Card Services
Seminole State College's Safety and Security department can also assist with Blue and Gold ID Card Services. The Blue and Gold card is the official Seminole State ID card. It provides access to services and discounts.