First Generation Freshmen Program
Welcome! The First Generation Freshmen (FGF) Program is dedicated to supporting incoming first-time-in-college, first-generation students at Seminole State College of Florida.
If neither of your parents graduated with their bachelor's degree, YOU are a first generation student.What does "first generation" mean?
FGF’s professional staff works closely with first-time-in-college, first generation students pursuing the A.A. degree during their first year at Seminole State until completion of 30 credit hours so that they will have a smooth transition into college and into their second year.
Our mission is to provide first-generation, first-time-in-college students with the support and skills needed to be successful in college and complete a degree by offering comprehensive support services, resources, and student programs and activities.
The First Generation Freshmen Program is funded by the Orlando Magic Youth Fund, a McCormick Foundation Fund.
- Personalized academic advising and coaching, including:
- Advisement for students whose major is undecided
- Identification of goals and determining personal strengths
- Development of an educational plan
- Financial aid assistance and scholarship information
- Access to FGF’s student lounge and computer lab
- Student Life Skills (SLS) Courses
- Regular communications and invitations to attend free campus events and workshops
- Referrals to appropriate resources
- Comprehensive support while attending Seminole State College
To schedule an advising appointment, visit our First Generation Advising Calendar.
Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins will be seen between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday.
To reach your advisors via e-mail, please contact First Generation Freshmen or send a message through the First Generation Canvas course.