Public Meetings and Notices
The meetings noted in the sections below are public meetings and are open to the public. Any member of the public may attend.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in this meeting is asked to advise Seminole State College of Florida at least 48 hours before the meeting by contacting the Presidents Office at 407.708.2010. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact Seminole State College of Florida by calling Dr. Geraldine Perez at 407.708.2505.
Persons are advised that, if they decide to appeal any decision made at this meeting, they will need a record of the proceedings and for such purposes, they may need to insure that a verbatim record of the proceeding is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based, per Section 286.0105, Florida Statutes.
- Notice of Board Meeting Agenda
- The Foundation for Seminole State College Board of Directors Meetings
- Public Notice of Spring 2021 Proposed College Course Lab Fee Changes
Collective Bargaining Sessions - UFF
- December 14, 2020- 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. via Zoom
- December 15, 2020- 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. via Zoom (Backup date only if necessary)
* Sessions may be extended as necessary
This Agreement shall continue in full force and effect for three (3) years (2019-2022) from ratification, subject to the following provision:
- This Agreement shall be reopened in Fall of 2019-20 Academic year for the purpose of consideration of the following:
- To review a report from a committee examining alternative contract length for consideration of replacing existing language in Article 10.2 A 1-3 and elsewhere in the contract as needed. The committee will review all options discussed during Full book bargaining but are not limited to these options in developing their recommendation.
- To review a report from a committee examining Academic Foundations Teaching Load and Office hour (face to face and virtual) for consideration of replacing existing language in Article 10.4.B.5, 10.4.C. 5 and 10.4.E -Adult Education Chart
- To review a report from the Labor Management Sub-committee on Compensation examining distribution and cost of supplemental positions compensation collegewide.
- Article 26 -Compensation shall be subject to a reopener for calendar year 2020.
- This Agreement shall be reopened in Fall of 2020-2021 Academic year for the purpose of consideration of the following:
- Article 26 – Compensation shall be subject to a reopener for calendar year 2021.
- This Agreement shall be reopened in Fall of 2021-2022 Academic year for the purpose of consideration of the following:
- Article 26 – Compensation shall be subject to a reopener for calendar year 2022.
Joint Planning Session - UFF
- November 13, 2020- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. via Zoom
Collective Bargaining Sessions - SEIU
* Sessions may be extended as necessary
Employee Benefits Committee Meetings (EBC)
November 17, 2020 - 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. via Zoom
Per Article 25 of the CBA with UFF-Seminole, bargaining unit members are entitled to the same benefits as all other full-time College employees. In addition, the CBA provides that any action by the Board of Trustees that alters the provisions of the College’s benefit program or any of the benefit plan description documents shall be incorporated by referenced into the agreement. Benefits are reviewed by the Employee Benefits Committee (EBC). The CBA provides that UFF-Seminole shall appoint three members of the unit to the EBC and that these representatives will represent the bargaining unit’s interests when performing their duties as Committee members.
Agendas and Minutes are found on the Employee Benefits Committee page.
Comments for this Policy will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 15, 2021. Send questions or comments regarding proposed Policies and Procedures to Aamena Kanji, Office of Legal Affairs, 100 Weldon Blvd., Sanford, FL 32773.
NOTE: Any other College rule(s) which reference(s) the rule noticed herein shall be interpreted and enforced consistent with the new/revised rule upon its final adoption (unless otherwise indicated in the referencing rule(s)).
If you have problems accessing the PDF files, please contact Legal Affairs at 407.708.2334.
Comments will be considered and reviewed by CAC. If substantive changes are made as a result of the comments received from faculty and staff, a revised procedure may be published for further comment. Following a recommendation for approval by CAC and signature of the President, the procedure as approved will be posted to the on-line College Procedures Manual. The original copy of the signed procedure is retained in the Office of Legal Affairs. Any substantive changes to Policies as a result of comments will require further Board action.