With close to 300 scholarship opportunities, the Foundation offers financial assistance to help with tuition and books before every term. Scholarships fall into the following categories:
General Scholarships: Open to all programs of study, but unique additional requirements may exist.
Program-Specific Scholarships: Relate to specific programs of study.
Student Demographic Scholarships: Open to all programs of study, but may contain specific eligibility requirements such as community service records, full-time attendance status, graduation from specific high schools, and other demographic requirements.
High School Graduate Scholarships: Available to graduating high school seniors who will attend Seminole State by the Fall term following graduation. New students entering their first term at Seminole State will need to complete one of the applications included in the module below.
External Scholarship Opportunities are scholarship opportunities that are managed by external organizations. Students will need to apply directly to the organization offering the scholarship. Please visit the Private Scholarships page to learn about additional external opportunities.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, or call 407.708.4567.
Graduating High School Seniors
Are you graduating from high school this year? The Foundation offers the following opportunities:
Oviedo or Paul J. Hagerty High School graduating seniors may apply for the Robert and Jane Lee Endowed Scholarship which provides up to 2,000 per term toward tuition and books for six consecutive terms. Eligible students must possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher after January 1, 2023, complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and submit an application for admission to Seminole State prior to submitting this scholarship application, and maintain full-time attendance (12+credit hours per term). Download the application and submit it by March 15, 2023.
All other graduating high school seniors may complete a "First Time in College" application for consideration of other Foundation scholarships.
Program Specific Scholarships
The Foundation also offers scholarships to students enrolled in the following specific program areas. Students should contact their program manager if interested in a scholarship.
- Barbara Miller Endowed Scholarship
- Bridgestone/Firestone Automotive Technology Endowed Scholarship
- CFADA (Central Florida Auto Dealers Association) Endowed Scholarship
- Michael Griffin Endowed Scholarship
- Raj Lally Automotive Program Endowed Scholarship
- Robert J. Schmidt & E.S. Douglas Auto Training Endowed Scholarship
- Vince Murray Automotive Technology Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Burt Perinchief Endowed Scholarship in Choral Music
- Eleanor Mathews Endowed Art Scholarship
- Gloria M. DiMasi Endowed Art Scholarship
- Harriett Lake Theater Endowed Scholarship
- Jack Longfellow Family Endowed Band Scholarship
- Ledford Chambers Smisek Wilhelm Endowed Trumpet Scholarship
- Norm Lewis Musical Theater Endowed Scholarship
- Paul Luby Fine and Performing Arts Endowed Scholarship
- Paul M. Wegman Endowed Scholarship
- Robin Lee Parker Endowed Scholarship in Music
Please submit the public safety scholarship application during orientation to be considered for one of the following scholarships:
- Alan Kraft Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Bobby Fisher and Patti Long Law Enforcement Academy Police Standards 'L.E.A.P.S" Endowed Scholarship
- Corporal Sharon Sheafer Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- David Mackie Endowed Scholarship for EMS & Fire Science
- Goldenrod Fire Association Endowed Scholarship
- Jim Jollie Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Kevin P. Olsen Memorial Non-Endowed Scholarship
- Larry Dale Endowed Scholarship
- Luis Vielma Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Michael Hoening Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Officers Creegan and Hylton Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Patrick Walshe Memorial Law Enforcement Endowed Scholarship
- Robert Allen Hunt Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Robert German Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Robert J. Schmidt and E.S. Douglas Center for Public Safety Endowed Scholarship
- Salvano Family Public Safety Endowed Scholarship
- Seminole County Sheriff's Office Tom "Pops" Buehler Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Existing/Returning students will have the opportunity to apply for Foundation scholarships online during open application periods offered prior to each term.
Students active in the system may apply for Foundation scholarships online prior to each term. The yellow apply button will be accessible on this page during open application periods. The Foundation utilizes a general application process where applicants complete a one-page application online form. The system will then utilize the applicant's student record and match the applicant to all opportunities for which the applicant would be eligible. The system also offers a second level of scholarships that requires applicants to submit additional information that is not contained within student records. These opportunities are designated as "Apply To" opportunities.
Please visit the Application Procedures page to learn how the system works and to begin applying for scholarships.