Assessment and Testing
The Assessment and Testing Center at Seminole State College provides students, faculty and the community with professional, secure and quality testing services to ensure that all individuals have the opportunity to meet their quest for academic and professional fulfillment. We adhere to the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
College & University Common Exams: Florida law requires students to take state mandated tests before they can enter or exit certain programs or earn a degree, certificate or license.
Professional Certification & Licensing: Seminole State's Professional Testing and Certification Center offers many professional certification and licensing tests to help students meet their career objectives.
Specialty Exams: Students can test out of certain courses and still earn college credit through a process called "credit by examination". These tests can help determine students' competency in course content.
Placement Testing: Program-specific placement tests allow Seminole State to evaluate students' skills so they can be placed in the course levels that best meet their educational needs.
Academic Testing: Limited testing is available. Arrangements must be made with the instructor and the Assessment & Testing Center to take the exam at Seminole State's Testing Center.
Required tests are determined by the specific program a student wishes to complete. There are several ways to know which test(s) you must take:
- Review the common college and university exams page.
- Speak with an admissions specialist, advisor or counselor about Seminole State's programs and requirements.
- Speak with a program instructor or the exam's controlling organization.
What Should I Bring on the Day of the Test?
Prior to taking any examination,
- You will need to present a current, valid and original photo ID with a signature (e.g., passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card).
- If your photo ID does not include a signature, a second ID is required with your name and signature (e.g., Social Security card, credit card or debit card).
- A facemask is highly recommended to be worn indoors while at Seminole State College, regardless of vaccination status.
Children under the age of 18 must be supervised on campus. This includes, but is not limited to, times when parents or others responsible for the child’s care engage in academic activities or College business. Seminole State College does not provide child care services of any type.
“Child(ren)” - Individuals under the age of 18 who are not enrolled at the College or attending an activity that reasonably allows for their involvement.
“Campus” - Any Seminole State College campus, center, or instructional site including the Public Safety Training Complex and Driving Track in Geneva.
The College assumes no responsibility for the care or supervision of children on Campus.
Limited seating is available in the lobby; guests are encouraged to wait outside of the Testing Center.