- Fall (August - December): July 1
- Spring (January - April): December 1
- Summer (May - July): April 1
Fill out the application online. Select "International" as the admission type and "F-1" as the visa.
Before we can issue your initial I-20, we must have the following documentation:
Estimated Yearly Cost of Attendance - International Student
|Average Expenses||English Language Institute (8 months)||College Credit/ Associate's Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Tuition & Fees||$5,600||$9,165||$10,192|
|Books & Supplies||$600||$800||$800|
F-1 Visa Interview
Once you receive your I-20, you can pay your SEVIS fee and make an appointment at your embassy or consulate to solicit your F-1 visa. Make sure to bring all of your documentation to the interview. For more information, visit our F-1 Visa Process page.
Arrive in the United States
You may enter the US up to 30 days prior to the program start date listed on your I-20. You will need to purchase mandatory health insurance and maintain the insurance for the duration of your F-1 visa.
F-1 visa applicants are advised to wait for visa approval prior to making travel arrangements and/or purchasing airline tickets.
Check-In with ISO
You will need to provide the following documents to the International Student Office once you arrive in the US.
- Proof of purchasing health insurance
- International Student Check-In Form
- F-1 Responsibilities Agreement
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of I-94
You will also attend a mandatory International Student Orientation. Details are provided in your acceptance letter.
All Seminole State students who studied part of high school in a country where English is not the only official language are required to:
- Complete a timed writing sample for possible placement into English for Academic Purposes (EAP) in addition to having college-ready PERT, ACT or SAT scores.
- Complete the Level of English Proficiency (LOEP) test in addition to completing the timed writing sample if PERT, ACT or SAT scores are not college-ready.
- Score at LOEP EAP Intermediate (EAP 400) level to take the PERT math test.
- Complete the EAP sequence without a retake of PERT/LOEP after starting the sequence (Students may retake PERT/LOEP and Writing sample after two year's absence from sequence for advancement purposes).