Health and Wellness
- Intramural Sports: All currently enrolled students as well as faculty and staff can participate in Recreational Sports special events, league, and tournaments. A listing of upcoming activities can be found on RaiderConnect and at the Intramural and Recreational Sports page.
- Outdoor Trips: Every semester students, faculty and staff are invited to join Recreational Sports for outdoor tips. These events include hiking, rock climbing and canoeing. A listing of upcoming trips can be found on RaiderConnect.
We recognize that health and wellness are important for academic success and personal development. That's why Seminole State College offers a variety of free health and wellness opportunities for students, faculty and staff.
The Raider Center, located in building H on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, is a 26,000-square-foot space that houses Raider Athletics, a basketball court, weight room, fitness area, locker rooms, meeting rooms, and offices for athletics and recreation staff to meet the wellness and fitness needs of the College’s students, faculty and staff.
All currently enrolled students as well as faculty and staff have access to the Raider Center. The Raider Center will be open all summer! The hours are 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday and 7 a.m.-6 p.m. on Thursday. We will be closed on Fridays from May 13th until July 29th.
We encourage you to visit our Athletics website for updates.
Raider Center Rules
- Follow the Student Code of Conduct and the student handbook.
- Shoes and athletic attire are required at all times.
- Report any broken or malfunctioning equipment to the staff.
- Use headphones when you play your own music.
- Keep a positive environment. Respect each other.
- Use all equipment properly.
- No food or drinks without lids in the Raider Center.
- Re-rack plates and put away all weights.
- Wipe down all equipment after use.
- No Olympic lifts or standing overhead lifts.
- Masks are strongly recommended for all patrons.
Raider Center Fitness Classes
We have a catalog of on demand fitness classes that you can select at any time of day. At certain times we have scheduled classes that begin automatically. Here is the schedule for the classes during the summer: