Student Government Association
What does SGA do?
Seminole State's Student Government Association provides students with a representative form of government and an opportunity to get involved in campus life. Through SGA, students can:
- Make their voices heard during weekly meetings
- Deal with student issues and concerns, plan activities and allocate budgeted funds to campus clubs
- Learn about state legislative issues
- Enrich their college experience
- Make new friends and have fun
Acting in unison, SGA will promote, regulate and coordinate activities that may impact the entire College community and that will help create a learning environment that fosters student success inside and outside the classroom.
All college-credit and career-program students who are enrolled in classes at Seminole State are members of the Student Government Association. As such, all activities and meetings sponsored by SGA are open to any Seminole State student.
With a presence on all four campuses, participation in SGA is easy!
Become an SGA Officer for 2022-2023
Elections will be held April 4-7
Apply and run to become a Student Government Association officer for 2022-23
- SGA officers hold the highest student leadership position on campus.
- SGA officers are charged with representing the interests and voice the opinions of the student body before college's administration.
- SGA officers get to develop their leadership and personal skills.
- SGA officers get to travel to statewide events.
If you are interested in running for SGA office here is what you need to do:
- Go to RAIDERCONNECT to read and complete the SGA Elections' Application.
- Deadline to apply is March 4 by 4:00 p.m.
- Elections will be held for officer positions at Altamonte Springs, Oviedo and Sanford/Lake Mary.
We hope you will consider taking advantage of this great opportunity. If you would like more information, you can e-mail Mauricio "Mo" Garcia.
Student Government Association Constitution
Student Activity and Service Fee Meeting
Open to all students. No meetings are scheduled at this time.
|Sanford/Lake Mary Campus||Position|
|Diana La Torre||President|
|Vincent Bruno||Vice President|
|Daria Puente||Clubs and Organizations Chair|
|Yaritzel Ramirez -Rogel||Diversity Chair|
|Ethan Stamer||Marketing & Social Media Chair|
|Milissa Acevedo||Recruitment & Retention Chair|
|Samara Morgan||Student Services Chair|