Student Government Association
What does SGA do?
Seminole State's Student Government Association provides students with a representative form of government and an opportunity to get involved in campus life. Through SGA, students can:
- Make their voices heard during weekly meetings
- Deal with student issues and concerns, plan activities and allocate budgeted funds to campus clubs
- Learn about state legislative issues
- Enrich their college experience
- Make new friends and have fun
Acting in unison, SGA will promote, regulate and coordinate activities that may impact the entire College community and that will help create a learning environment that fosters student success inside and outside the classroom.
All college-credit and career-program students who are enrolled in classes at Seminole State are members of the Student Government Association. As such, all activities and meetings sponsored by SGA are open to any Seminole State student.
With a presence on all four campuses, participation in SGA is easy!
Student Government Association Constitution
Student Activity and Service Fee Meeting
Open to all students. No meetings are scheduled at this time.
The elected officers of SGA are the president, vice president and secretary/treasurer. After being elected, each campus president appoints committee chairs to conduct the Association's business. SGA committees include, but are not limited to, marketing, community service, multicultural affairs and the activities board.
SGA Elections: March 23-26, 2020
Meet your Student Government Association candidates
Elections are coming. Your vote is important. Please take the time to learn about the people running to become your SGA leaders for the 2020-2021 academic year.
You can stop by your campus' "Meet the Candidate" events or read about them by following the links below. Don't forget to VOTE!!!
You can apply to run for either president, vice-president or secretary/treasurer.
- Altamonte Springs' Meet the Candidates' Event:
- Thursday, March 19 at Noon - ALT-214
- Lee Campus @ Oviedo's Meet the Candidates' Event:
- Thursday, March 12 at Noon - OVF Student Center
- Sanford/Lake Mary's Meet the Candidates' Event:
- Monday, March 9 at 12:30 p.m. in SC-185