English Language Studies (ELS)
The mission of the ELS Department is to serve the community by providing comprehensive, learning-centered, high-quality English language programs and courses that help students reach personal, educational and professional goals, and that are scheduled to accommodate busy work and home lives.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): Classes for U.S citizens, U.S. permanent residents and refugees
- ESOL Student Syllabi: Curriculum competencies by ESOL level
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP): English for higher education
- EAP Counselor's Guide: Seminole State ELS Department's English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Guidelines
- English Language Institute (LI): English program for international students
Career & Educational Planning
- Career Pathways - Steps to ESOL Pathways Success (STEPS) Project: Vocabulary-building and listening exercises on career and educational planning topics for ESOL students along with links to career exploration resources and information to help develop a plan at Seminole State College.
- Web Resources to Learn English: A collection of websites that will help students learn English.
- Practice English Tutorials and Tests (PETT) Projects: Interactive resources to help ELS students prepare for adult functional English assessments (created by Seminole State's ELS Department).
- Listening and Dictation (LAD) Project: Multiple choice listening comprehension activities based on Adult ESOL Frameworks Standards (created by Seminole State's ELS Department).
- Faculty and Staff Resources