Seminole State Social Media
Stay connected to Seminole State College through our official social media pages. Get the latest news and information about our campuses, students, alumni, cultural events, athletic programs and more! The sites are maintained and updated by staff from Seminole State's Communications Office.
GO social with Seminole State President Dr. Georgia L. Lorenz! You can check out her official social media pages below:
Social Media Content Quick Tips
Stay social with @SeminoleState. Check out these quick tips to submit content for consideration to appear on the College’s social media platforms.
Submitting Event Photos
When submitting event photos for social media, be sure to include:
- Full name of event and hashtag(s) if known (for example, #SSC)
- Company or organization that hosted the event
- Purpose and/or key takeaways of the event
- Location of the event (venue and city)
- Date of the event
- Photos and/or videos: 3-5 horizontal and vertical options
- Take note of the background, overall lighting and clarity
- Names of people in the photo (left to right) – three people max is preferred
To submit event photos for consideration, submit a request for Event Publicity to Marketing and Communications via the Service Request System. Be sure to complete all fields (with the information above included) and attach photos to the request.
Creating Video Content
To create video content for social media, use these tips:
- Begin with a Plan: Before you start filming, come up with a strategy. What is your goal for this video? Who is your target audience?
- Keep the Video Short: Social media users often have a short and divided attention span. Your video should be 15 seconds or less. If you need to make it longer to educate or inform more elaborately, make sure the video content is entertaining and engaging.
- Make the First Few Seconds Count: If video content doesn’t interest the user within the first 3-5 seconds, the chances of them watching the full video starts to diminish. Make sure to feature the most important message of your video at the beginning.
- Include Subtitles: Many users watch videos on mute. Subtitles ensure that they can understand your video. It is also important for the video to be ADA compliant by using closed captioning.
- End with a Call-to-Action: Do you want the user to enroll in a class, fill out a survey or attend a recruitment event? Remember to include a call-to-action in your video to let the user know what you want them to do.
- Edit with Ease: Download free Canva or CapCut - Video Editor apps to edit videos on your cellphone.
- Sharing is Caring: Remember to include the College’s brand in your video. Say “Seminole State College” or have the College’s logo visible in your shot. If you want to promote a program or class, remember to say its name too! Post your video on your department’s social media account (if applicable), or submit the video with a College News service request ticket for Marketing and Communications to share on the College’s main accounts. Remember to use the College’s hashtags: #SSC and #GoStateGoFar and tag the College to increase reach and awareness.
You can film your short video on your cellphone. If you need to borrow equipment, you can utilize the Marketing and Communications Department loaner equipment program. We offer cameras, tripods and light kits. Visit sem.st/mccam to request loaner equipment.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.