Seminole State Volunteers
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." - Mahatma Gandhi
Volunteering at Seminole State College
Serving the community is an important component of the student experience at Seminole State College. Students can find service opportunities at each of the Seminole State campuses. Events are organized both at a college wide level and as campus-specific projects. Look at the schedules below to find events scheduled for your campus.
Seminole State Volunteers Directors
Are you interested in organizing service events at Seminole State College? Do you have a passion for volunteer work? Do you want to develop your leadership skills while making a difference in your community?
Then apply to become a Seminole State Volunteers Director. We are always looking for dedicated individuals willing to develop themselves by helping out in the community.
If you're interested in being part of the group that organizes the events or if all you want to do is help out, contact the Seminole State Volunteers adviser, Beverly Sanchez, at 407.708.2650
Service fairs are organized at each Seminole State campus at the beginning of the Fall and Spring Terms. The fairs represent a great opportunity for student to learn about different service opportunities across Seminole County and in Central Florida in general.
During the Fall, Spring and Summer terms, the Office of Student Life sponsors Service Days designed to give students the opportunity to volunteer and serve while helping to build a sense of community at Seminole State. Service Days allow students a chance to network with their peers and with local and national service agencies.
Students can find a schedule of all service events and RSVP on RaiderConnect.
Volunteer of the Year 2020 – 2021
- Eligibility: Enrolled in at least 6 credits at Seminole State College. Dual enrolled students will not be considered.
- Selection Process: For the student who has completed the most amount of service hours. Service hours must be recorded via Raider Connect for consideration.
- Deadline: TBA Spring 2021
G.I.V.E. Award (Groups Involved in Voluntary Efforts Award) 2020 – 2021
- Eligibility: Club needs to be enrolled on Raider Connect with at least 10 members to be considered.
- Selection Process: For the club who has completed the most amount (average amount of service hours according to the amount of club members) of service hours. Service hours must be recorded via Raider Connect for consideration.
- Deadline: TBA Spring 2021
Winners from each category will be announced once a date is determined in Spring 2021.
Looking for an agency to volunteer with to complete service hours requirements or just have fun? Explore the list of partnered agencies to find the best fit for you.