The Foundation's mission is to enhance the College's programs and services through the development and management of private contributions and community partnerships. The Foundation provides resources that support academic excellence, increased access and vital community outreach, which assists in the advancement of the institution, students, faculty and staff.
Vision and Goals
The Foundation's goal is to increase its role as steward of relationships and funds, serve as the facilitator of opportunities, and be the messenger and model of the College's values and merit.
Annual Internal Strategic Plan
The Foundation staff meets annually to discuss priorities and the methods that will be used in the year to achieve the greater vision of the Foundation and of the College. This goes hand in hand with Seminole State College’s Strategic Plan.
Donor Bill of Rights
The Foundation of Seminole State College has adopted and supported the Donor Bill of Rights. This list of rights was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. It is endorsed by numerous other organizations.
Donor Bill of Rights *
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
* Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), all rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.