Entrepreneurship and Business Management Associate in Science
Getting Started: Summer 2023
March 13: Financial Aid
May 1: Application
May 8: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect® to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$5,666||$5,954|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,950||$11,592||$11,498|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$810||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the current fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on the current academic year for in-state students living on campus. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on cost of attendance information provided by the State University System of Florida. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Entrepreneurs play a critical role in the economy by serving as business leaders and innovators. They assume financial risks to bring new ideas to market and possess the decision-making skills to produce economic profits.
Careers in entrepreneurship and small business management are well-suited for individuals who are passionate about owning or operating new businesses or improving existing companies.
Graduates of this program are employed as:
- Administrative Services or Office Managers
- Business Owners
- Chief Executive Officers
- General and Operational Managers
- Hotel Managers
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 15 percent (about as fast as average) through 2020 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
College Credit Certificates
Students pursuing this degree also may obtain the following college credit certificates:
- Business Specialist Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Operations Certificate
- Human Resources Administrator Technical Certificate
Seminole State’s A.S. degree in Entrepreneurship and Business Management will transfer to the College’s Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Business Information Management program.