Social Media and Marketing Associate in Science
For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule.
Like it, share it, post it, market it. Today, everyone is on social media, and businesses are using social media as the No. 1 way to market their brands. Become equipped to work in this growing sector of marketing with technical knowledge and skills to run social campaigns for a business.
- Business Administration: Associate in Science
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management: Associate in Science
- Business Operations: Technical Certificate
- Business Specialist: Technical Certificate
- Entrepreneurship: Technical Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Operations: Technical Certificate
- Global Business: Technical Certificate
- Management: Technical Certificate
- Marketing: Technical Certificate
- Supply Chain Management: Technical Certificate
- Small Business Management: Technical Certificate
- Business and Information Management: Bachelor of Science
Getting Started: Fall 2020
June 8: Financial Aid
Aug. 17: Application
Aug. 24: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect™ to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Social Media and Marketing Associate in Science
Major Code : MARSOC-AS
Educational Pathway: MARSOC-AS
This program prepares students for either employment in organizations and businesses (for-profit or not-for-profit) as marketing, advertising, and public relations managers or preparation for further education in the area of marketing. This program offers an optional social media specialization that provides the relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare and manage a social media campaign for a business.
Choose 1 accounting group:
Choose 1 legal studies course:
Choose 6 credits from the following list:
Humanities General Education course
Mathematics or Science General Education course
Social Science General Education course
Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees are designed to prepare graduates for immediate entry into their chosen career field. A.S. degree graduates may transfer into certain baccalaureate programs. Students planning to transfer to baccalaureate programs should consult with Student Affairs counselors, advisors or specialists to make sure required courses are taken and entry requirements are met for the college/university program of their choice.
If you choose a Science General Education course, due to state law, you must also complete any college developmental mathematics course(s) if you are non-exempt and if any were required by your entry-level test scores, before you can be awarded an associate degree.
Students with a baccalaureate degree or an associate of arts degree from a regionally accredited institution will be considered to have met general education requirements for this degree program.
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,480||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,220||$10,666||$10,010|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$850||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Graduates of this program may be employed in a wide range of industries in positions such as:
- Social Media Content Managers
- Social Media Coordinators/Specialists
- Digital Marketing Strategists
- Digital Marketing Managers
- Digital Media Managers
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
Social media and marketing professionals develop, coordinate and guide communities of interest, while attracting and encouraging conversation about and heightening the visibility of a business or organization. They use creative and dynamic approaches to advance a company's social media, communications, media relations, public relations and events promotion. They are instrumental in developing and enhancing the company's brand awareness and online reputation.