Small Business Management Technical Certificate
For Spring Term 2021, we are offering in person, hybrid, remote and online courses.
In-person courses will have class meetings on campus in accordance with established College safety protocols. Hybrid courses will have a combination of in-person and remote/online content. Remote courses show a day and time and will have class meetings via live video. Online courses will contain fully online content without set meeting times.
For more information, view class types.
Countries thrive on small businesses. Align yourself as an expert in this market by learning the theories of small business management, decision-making and understanding ways to manage people and functions. This certificate is upward compatible with the A.S. degree, Business Administration and the A.S. degree, Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
- Business Administration: Associate in Science
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management: Associate in Science
- Business Operations: Technical Certificate
- Business Specialist: Technical Certificate
- Entrepreneurship: Technical Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Operations: Technical Certificate
- Financial Operations: Technical Certificate
- Business and Information Management: Bachelor of Science
Getting Started: Fall 2020 B Session
Aug. 17: Financial Aid
Oct. 14: Application
Oct. 19: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Industry involvement: Our industry-focused certificate programs offer excellent connections to Central Florida employers.
- Hands-on experience: Practical, hands-on learning experiences prepare students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Continuing education: Many credits earned in certificate programs can be applied toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) or bachelor's degree at Seminole State.
- Career advancement: Graduates are prepared for immediate entry into the workforce upon certificate completion.
Small Business Management Technical Certificate
Type: Tech Cert
Major Code : BSBM-CC
Educational Pathway: BSBM-CC
This program prepares students for the management and/or ownership of a small business. The content includes instruction in the planning, organizing, leading and controlling of a small business. Emphasis is placed on selected theories of small business management and decision-making and the knowledge and understanding necessary for managing people and functions. Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of principles and practices of small business management including:
- Defining and understanding the basic management functions of planning, leadership, organizing, staffing and motivating a small business work team;
- Demonstrating an understanding of the fundamental legal issues facing small business owners;
- Describing and implementing an accounting system;
- Understanding and applying the principles of budgeting and cash management in the small business environment;
- Understanding the sources of financing available for the small business;
- Understanding how to advertise, market and sell products and services;
- Demonstrating an understanding of decision-making, evaluation and the importance and mechanics of writing a business plan;
- Evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of the three major forms of business ownership (sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation); and
- Understanding the challenges of family or home-based businesses.
This certificate is upward compatible with the A.S. degree, Business Administration and the A.S. degree, Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees
|Technical Certificate||12 Credits||18 Credits||24 Credits||28 Credits|
|Tuition and Fees||$1,253||$1,879||$2,505||$2,923|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$1,ooo||$1,000||$1,000|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2020-21 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, with an equal number of credit hours per term for in-state students. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.