Marketing Technical Certificate
There’s more to marketing than the four P’s: price, product, place and promotion. You have to know your product or service, be able to analyze markets, create a marketing plan, evaluate performance and more. Knowing timing, marketing segmentation and target markets will help your business (and you) perform at the top. The certificate is upward compatible with the A.S. degree in Business Administration and the A.S. degree, Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
Getting Started: Spring 2020
Nov. 1: Financial Aid
Jan. 3: Application
Jan. 8: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Industry involvement: Our industry-focused certificate programs offer excellent connections to Central Florida employers.
- Hands-on experience: Practical, hands-on learning experiences prepare students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Continuing education: Many credits earned in certificate programs can be applied toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) or bachelor's degree at Seminole State.
- Career advancement: Graduates are prepared for immediate entry into the workforce upon certificate completion.
Marketing Technical Certificate
Type: Tech Cert
Major Code : BMAR-CC
Educational Pathway: BMAR-CC
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment in marketing positions in a variety of business environments and/or to provide supplemental training for persons currently employed in marketing occupations. Content includes the four P's of marketing: price, product, place (distribution) and promotion of a business. Emphasis is on selected theories of marketing, sales, advertising/promotion and e-Business. Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following marketing principles:
- Understanding products and markets;
- Utilizing available sources to obtain product knowledge and perform market research via the Internet;
- Creating a marketing plan;
- Explaining the use of goods classification and life cycle analyses as planning tools for marketing;
- Performing market segmentation;
- Developing and modifying marketing mixes for a business;
- Identifying target markets;
- Evaluating marketing activities; and
- Describing the techniques for sales and promotions.
This certificate is upward compatible with the A.S. degree, Business Administration and the A.S. degree, Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees
|Technical Certificate||12 Credits||18 Credits||24 Credits||28 Credits|
|Tuition and Fees||$1,253||$1,879||$2,505||$2,923|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$1,ooo||$1,000||$1,000|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 terms, with an equal number of credit hours per term for in-state students. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.