Management Technical Certificate
For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule. For more information, view class types.
When you’ve decided you want to be the boss, the management certificate gives you the skills to effectively manage a business. With courses geared toward supervisory roles with decision-making, the contents include instruction on planning, organizing and leading a business and will give you the confidence to be a true leader. This certificate is upward compatible with the A.S. degree, Business Administration and the A.S. degree, Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
Getting Started: Fall 2020 12W Session
Aug. 17: Financial Aid
Sept. 9: Application
Sept. 14: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Industry involvement: Our industry-focused certificate programs offer excellent connections to Central Florida employers.
- Hands-on experience: Practical, hands-on learning experiences prepare students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Continuing education: Many credits earned in certificate programs can be applied toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) or bachelor's degree at Seminole State.
- Career advancement: Graduates are prepared for immediate entry into the workforce upon certificate completion.
Management Technical Certificate
Type: Tech Cert
Major Code : BMGT-CC
Educational Pathway: BMGT-CC
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment in supervisory and management positions in a variety of business environments and/or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in management occupations. The content includes instruction in planning, organizing, leading and controlling a business. Emphasis is placed on selected theories of management and decision-making and the knowledge and understanding necessary for managing people and functions. Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of principles and practices of management including:
- Understanding the need for management skills in all kinds of organizations;
- Describing the three basic levels of management and types of positions associated with each;
- Identifying and distinguishing strategic, operational and tactical plans;
- Defining an organization's vision and mission;
- Identifying and describing various planning activities, including goal-setting, budgeting and establishing policies and procedures;
- Describing and providing applications of the process of rational decision-making;
- Defining and giving examples of coordination, authority, power, responsibility, accountability and span of management; and
- Defining the process of managerial control.
This certificate is upward compatible with the A.S. degree, Business Administration and the A.S. degree, Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees
|Technical Certificate||12 Credits||18 Credits||24 Credits||28 Credits|
|Tuition and Fees||$1,253||$1,879||$2,505||$2,923|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$1,ooo||$1,000||$1,000|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 terms, with an equal number of credit hours per term for in-state students. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.