Entrepreneurship Technical Certificate
For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule. For more information, view class types.
You have the drive, the ambition, the passion and the ideas, and you don’t want to work for anyone but yourself. You see yourself as the big cheese, the head honcho, the paycheck signer. But, do you know what steps you need to take to achieve the dream? Learn the fundamental tools to start, build and operate your own business as an entrepreneur.
- Business Administration: Associate in Science
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management: Associate in Science
- Social Media and Marketing: Associate in Science
- Business Operations: Technical Certificate
- Business Specialist: Technical Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Operations: Technical Certificate
- Global Business: Technical Certificate
- Management: Technical Certificate
- Marketing: Technical Certificate
- Small Business Management: Technical Certificate
- Business and Information Management: Bachelor of Science
Getting Started: Fall 2020 12W Session
Aug. 17: Financial Aid
Sept. 9: Application
Sept. 14: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Industry involvement: Our industry-focused certificate programs offer excellent connections to Central Florida employers.
- Hands-on experience: Practical, hands-on learning experiences prepare students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Continuing education: Many credits earned in certificate programs can be applied toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) or bachelor's degree at Seminole State.
- Career advancement: Graduates are prepared for immediate entry into the workforce upon certificate completion.
Entrepreneurship Technical Certificate
Type: Tech Cert
Major Code : ENTRE-CC
Educational Pathway: ENTRE-CC
This program is designed to teach students the fundamentals of starting and operating a business venture while presenting entrepreneurship as a viable career option. Coursework covers opportunity recognition, business planning, cash flow and financial management, market research including the professional marketing use of social media tools, e-commerce and how to understand accounting information.
The certificate is upward compatible with the A.S. degree, Business Administration and the A.S. degree, Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees
|Technical Certificate||12 Credits||18 Credits||24 Credits||28 Credits|
|Tuition and Fees||$1,253||$1,879||$2,505||$2,923|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$1,ooo||$1,000||$1,000|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 terms, with an equal number of credit hours per term for in-state students. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.