Global Business Technical Certificate
Operating a business in a global marketplace requires extra attention and extra education. Learn the factors that impact business operations, while understanding the roles of strategic planning, product and market development, distribution, regulation and marketing strategies in an international marketplace.
- Business Administration: Associate in Science
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management: Associate in Science
- Entrepreneurship: Technical Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Operations: Technical Certificate
- Small Business Management: Technical Certificate
- Business and Information Management: Bachelor of Science
Getting Started for Summer Term
March 11: Financial Aid
May 1: Application
May 8: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Industry involvement: Our industry-focused certificate programs offer excellent connections to Central Florida employers.
- Hands-on experience: Practical, hands-on learning experiences prepare students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Continuing education: Many credits earned in certificate programs can be applied toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) or bachelor's degree at Seminole State.
- Career advancement: Graduates are prepared for immediate entry into the workforce upon certificate completion.
Global Business Technical Certificate
Type: Tech Cert
Major Code : BIB-CC
Educational Plan: BIB-CC
The purpose of this program is to introduce students to the factors that impact business operations conducted in the global marketplace. The student will be able to demonstrate knowledge of principles and practices of international business including:
- Understanding the role of strategic planning and the development of marketing strategies for the international marketplace;
- Describing strategies for opening foreign markets, including pure exporting, use of local distributors, global manufacturing, operating wholly-owned subsidiaries and foreign direct investment;
- Demonstrating an understanding of demographics, market segmentation and the selection of target markets as applied to the global business environment;
- Identifying and explaining the differences in international consumer and industrial buying habits;
- Understanding the impact of language, culture, religion and local government regulations on the conduct of international business;
- Understanding the complexity of product development, naming and pricing in the international environment; and
- Understanding the complexities of developing worldwide distribution systems and how they are affected by differing local laws, taxation and regulations.
This certificate is upward compatible with the A.S. degree, Business Administration and the A.S. degree, Entrepreneurship and Business Management.
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,480||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,120||$10,666||$10,010|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$1,030||$1,000||$1,030|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2018-19 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.