The ACT Test
What is the ACT?
- A placement exam that allows students to meet state-mandated college-credit entry requirements.
- A universally accepted college admissions test in the United States.
- Replaceable by the ACCUPLACER or PERT if students wish to challenge their ACT placement.
The ACT assesses your skills in:
As an incoming Seminole State student, you may be required or opt to take a placement test.
What Should I Do if I Haven't Taken the ACT?
- To take the ACT, you must register in advance on the ACT website or in any high school guidance office.
- Take the CLT, SAT, ACCUPLACER or PERT . These exams meet the state of Florida's requirements for entering a college-credit program.
- ACCUPLACER and PERT are offered at the Assessment and Testing Center on a walk-in basis
I've Already Taken the ACT
You are responsible for ensuring that Seminole State receives your official ACT scores. To be valid, scores must be received directly from the test publisher electronically or in a sealed envelope. Visit the ACT website to request a copy of your scores. Seminole State will not accept unofficial copies of your ACT scores or scores listed on your high school transcript.
- Seminole State ACT Code: 0079
If Seminole State does not receive your placement scores before your advisement appointment, you will be required to take a placement test (PERT).
- If your placement scores arrive during the add/drop period, you may drop any English or mathematics courses you registered for based on your PERT results and replace them with courses based on the new scores (pending course availability).
- If your placement scores arrive after the add/drop period but before the withdrawal deadline, you may withdraw from any English or mathematics courses you registered for based on your PERT results and use the new scores to enroll in courses for the subsequent term. Seminole State will not refund the cost of courses from which you withdraw.
If you have trouble locating and/or requesting your official ACT test scores:
- Contact the facility at which you took the ACT.
- Speak with Seminole State's Admissions Office at 407.708.2050 for information about obtaining your official ACT test scores.
- Visit the ACT website or call 319.337.1313.
|Score||ACT Test Results: Course Placement|
|English||16 or below|
|17 or Above*|
|Reading||18 or Below|
|19 or Above*|
|Math||18 or Below|
|19 - 20|
Test scores must be less than two years old to be considered valid.
*Reading and English scores must be college ready to be eligible for ENC 1101: English I.