The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) offers exams that are administered at colleges and universities in the U.S. and abroad.
- The CLEP exam is a nationally recognized credit-by-examination program.
- By passing a CLEP exam, students can earn college credit for the associated course without having to take the course.
- CLEP registration and payment are processed through College Board and students must bring their voucher with them when they come to the Assessment and Testing Center on all campuses.
- Only two exams may be administered per day.
- One (1) form of government-issued identification is required before students are allowed to test. Identification must include the student's name and signature, as well as a recognizable photograph.
- Students cannot receive CLEP credit for a subject if they have already taken the corresponding class and received a grade of "C" or higher.
- Seminole State's counselors and advisors will assist students in the use of CLEP examinations as it relates to their program of study.
CLEP Exam Scores
|CLEP Exam Scoring Guide|
|Examination||Score||Semester Hours||Course Equivalent|
|Algebra, College||50||3||MAC 1105|
|American Government||50||3||POS 2041|
|American Literature||50||3||AML 1000|
|Analyzing and Interpreting Literature||N/A||N/A||No equivalent|
|Concepts of Biology||50||3||BSC 1005 (no lab credit)|
|Business Law, Introductory||50||3||BUL 2241|
|Chemistry, General||50||3||CHM 1020 (no lab credit)|
|College Composition||50||6||ENC 1101 and ENC 1102|
|College Composition Modular (no Essay)||50||3||ENC 1101|
|Educational Psychology, Introduction to||50||3||EDF 2002|
|English Literature||50||3||ENL 1000|
|Financial Accounting||50||3||ACG 1001|
|French, Language||50||4||FRE 1120|
|59||8||FRE 1120 or FRE 1121|
|German, Language||50||3||GER 1120|
|60||6||GER 1120 or GER 1121|
|History of the U.S. I: Early Colonization to 1877||50||3||AMH 2010|
|History of the U.S. II: 1865 to Present||50||3||AMH 2020|
|Human Growth and Development||50||3||DEP 2004|
|Information Systems and Computer Applications||50||3||CGS 1077|
|Macroeconomics, Principles of||50||3||ECO 2013|
|Management, Principles of||50||3||MAN 2021|
|Marketing, Principles of||50||3||MAR 2011|
|Mathematics, College||50||3||MGF 1106 or MGF 1107|
|Microeconomics, Principles of||50||3||ECO 2023|
|Natural Science||N/A||N/A||No equivalent|
|Psychology, Introductory||50||3||PSY 2012|
|Social Sciences and History||N/A||N/A||No equivalent|
|Sociology, Introductory||50||3||SYG 2000|
|Spanish, Language||50||4||SPN 1120|
|63||8||SPN 1120 or SPN 1121|
|Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648||50||3||EUH 2000|
|Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present||50||3||EUH 2001|
Seminole State is a national CLEP testing center. Students may take the exam at the College's Assessment and Testing Center on a walk-in basis. For CLEP exam hours please visit the testing center hours webpage and click your preferred testing location.
- The fee to take the CLEP exam is: $89*
- The fee will increase to $90 on July 1st, 2022
- The Seminole State registration fee is: $15*
* Prices are subject to change without notice.