Assessment and Testing General Policies
Before Your Exam
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, and be sure you received your test registration confirmation message.
- Always allow extra time for parking if you are driving to the Testing Center. Review our campus maps and search for your testing site.
- A valid government issued photo ID is required to test.
- government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license, state ID, passport, or military ID
- a Seminole State College Student ID is only acceptable as a secondary ID
During Your Exam
Access to personal items, such as cellphones, bags, or study materials is not permitted during testing. All personal items* must be stored in one of the provided lockers during testing. This includes hats and hooded clothing items, outerwear of any kind (jackets, pullovers, etc.), fitness bands, and digital and analog watches.
* Exemptions may be made for religious or medical apparel but may still be subject to examination before entering the testing area.
Headwear cannot be worn inside the testing room, though some exceptions apply.
For CLEP and TEAS testers: Because these tests are externally sponsored, we must abide by specific requirements. CLEP and TEAS prohibit testers from having any headwear unless worn for religious reasons. For these tests, if your headwear is not shown on your photo ID, we cannot allow you to wear it into the testing room. We encourage you to contact the test sponsor directly with any concerns over their headwear policy.
The only materials allowed on the computer workstation while testing are your IDs, scratch paper, pencil, and calculator (if applicable).
Unless otherwise noted in the test instructions:
- Testing aids prohibited in the test room include (but are not limited to) phones, electronic or photographic devices, calculators, watches, books, notes, rulers, pens, dictionaries, food, candy/gum, and beverages.
- All scratch paper must be returned to the proctor before leaving the test room.
You must have the Proctor's permission to leave the test room. Some exams, such as GED do not permit unscheduled breaks.
Communication with anyone outside of the Testing Center staff during testing is prohibited.
No talking or disruptive behavior is permitted inside the test room.
Visitors are not permitted in the vicinity of the test room during your scheduled test.
Children are not allowed at the test site. Proper supervision of young children should be arranged off site prior to testing.
Assessment and Testing staff members are authorized to dismiss you from a test session if you become ill, or for violation of any test center policies, misconduct or cheating.
All test sessions at the Assessment and Testing Center are monitored and recorded. By scheduling your exam at our test center, you consent to being videotaped and audio recorded during your test session.
The testing environment may include the check-in area, hallway, and test rooms. Both audio and video may be recorded.
The Testing Center maintains each recorded test session for a period of no more than 31 days after the test session and will use the recording for no other purpose than ensuring the proper administration of each test session.