The Level of English Proficiency Test (LOEP)
The Level of English Proficiency (LOEP) test is intended for students whose native language is not English. The test measures students' English skills in:
- Language/speech comprehension
Seminole State may require students to take admission or placement tests before entering a program. The test you take depends on the program you wish to enter. The LOEP meets Seminole State's requirement for students entering the English Language Institute and is designed for international students who want to learn English.
Your LOEP score will not prevent you from enrolling in the English Language Institute. Seminole State uses the LOEP score to:
- Determine your English skill level.
- Place you in the appropriate program level for beginning your studies. Beginning at the right level is critical for successfully learning English.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses. By knowing what areas you need help in, your instructors can work with you to improve your skills.
You can take the LOEP at Seminole State. Contact the Assessment and Testing Center for more information.
For more information about the LOEP:
- Call a Seminole State academic counselor at 407.708.2337.
- Contact the Assessment and Testing Center at:
- Altamonte Springs Campus: 407.404.6137
- Oviedo Campus: 407.971.5014
- Heathrow Campus: 407.708.4438
- Sanford/Lake Mary Campus: 407.708.2020
Examination Day Reminders
- Prior to taking any examination, you will need to present a current, valid and original photo ID with a signature (e.g., passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card).
- If your photo ID does not include a signature, a second ID is required with your name and signature (e.g., Social Security card, voter registration card, credit card or debit card).