The Level of English Proficiency Test (LOEP)
The Level of English Proficiency (LOEP) test is intended for students whose native language is not English. The test measures students' English skills in:
- Language Use
- Sentence Meaning
Seminole State may require students to take admission or placement tests before entering a program. The LOEP meets Seminole State's requirement for students entering the English Language Institute and is designed for international students who want to learn English.
Your LOEP score will not prevent you from enrolling in the English Language Institute. Seminole State uses the LOEP score to:
- Determine your English skill level.
- Meets entry requirements for students entering Seminole State's English Language Institute.
- Help place non-native English speakers in the appropriate course levels. Beginning at the right level is critical for successfully learning English.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses. By knowing what areas you need help in, your instructors can work with you to improve your skills.
For more information about the LOEP:
- Contact Academic Advising at 407.708.2337.
- Contact the Assessment and Testing Center at 407.708.2020
Examination Day Reminders
- Prior to taking any examination, you will need to present a current, valid and original photo ID with a signature (e.g., passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card).
- If your photo ID does not include a signature, a second ID is required with your name and signature (e.g., Social Security card, voter registration card, credit card or debit card).