Exceptional Student Education (K-12) Bachelor of Science
Would you like to get $1,000 toward your bachelor's degree?View Scholarship
To see if you qualify for the Bachelor's Degree scholarship and view application instructions, visit the Scholarship Information webpage.
Getting Started: Spring 2023
Sept. 29: Financial Aid
Jan. 3: Application
Jan. 9: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Hands-On Experience: Field experiences and internships with the local school district allows learners to apply their knowledge in classroom settings while observing and working with students, teachers, and school administrators.
- Real-World, Future-Minded Curriculum: Project-based assignments grounded in authentic, relevant learning provide learners with opportunities to create lessons and activities that are classroom-ready for their professional futures.
- Experienced faculty: Seminole State faculty are dedicated instructors with real-world K-12 teaching experience complementing their scholarly work in education.
- Enriched Certification Options: Graduates can distinguish their Florida Teaching certificate in Exceptional Student Education K-12 (or Elementary Education K-6) with an ESOL endorsement and Reading Endorsement.
- Networking Opportunities: Anchored within a decades-long partnership with Seminole County Public Schools, the Seminole State B.S. in Education program supports learners in fostering networking connections at both the K-12 and college level.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Small class sizes: Seminole State's small classes allow more personal attention. Most classes have fewer than 30 students.
- Online degree option: Most courses are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment options that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,597||$6,380||$5,666 ||$5,954 |
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,590||$11,592||$11,498|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$810||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the current fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on the current term for in-state students living on campus. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on cost of attendance information provided by the State University System of Florida. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Beginning Teacher - Annual salary: $46,310*
*Seminole County Public Schools
Graduates will be eligible to teach exceptional student education in grades K-12 (Special Education-Preschool, Special Education Teacher-Kindergarten and Elementary, and Special Education Teachers-All other. Additionally, graduates can pursue advanced degrees to expand their employment opportunities. Within education, opportunities for graduates also include administrative and leadership roles, positions outside the traditional public-school setting, and opportunities in careers in publishing, literacy, and instructional design.
The Florida DEO projections indicate total of 25 jobs are open annually for special education preschool teachers (20.8% growth), special education kindergarten and elementary teachers (14.3% growth), and “all other” special teachers (14.72% growth) requiring a bachelor’s degree within Seminole County. New beginning teacher salary is $46,310 for Seminole County Public Schools.