The Education Program at Seminole State College prepares students to work in diverse educational environments.
Why Seminole State?
Seminole State is accredited and approved by FLDOE to offer college level credits that individuals may use to earn the A.A. in education, renew their teaching certificate, or move from a temporary certificate to a professional certificate. We offer a variety of coursework to meet the needs of pre-service and in-service teachers.
- A.A. Degree
- Teacher Recertification
- Moving from a Temporary to Professional Teaching Certificate
- Teaching Students with Disabilities (SWD) Renewal Requirement
- Instructional Design Certificate
- Educator Preparation Institute (EPI)
- Convenient online, day, and evening classes
- Approved by Florida Department of Education
- Experienced faculty
- Project-based, learner-centered courses
- Small class sizes
- EDE 2280 - Arts and Wellness in Elementary Classrooms
- EDF 2005 - Introduction to the Teaching Profession
- EDF 2051 - Learning Theory and Assessment
- EDF 2085 - Introduction to Diversity for Educators
- EDF 2130 - Introduction to Child and Adolescent Development
- EDF 2170 - The Adult Learner
- EDF 2230 - Foundations of Cooperative Learning
- EDF 2720 - Children in Schools: Legal, Ethical, and Safety Concerns
- EDG 2301 - Instructional Strategies and Classroom Management
- EDP 2002 - Educational Psychology
- EEX 2010 - Introduction to Exceptional Learners K-12
- EME 2004 - Introduction to Project Management
- EME 2040 - Introduction to Technology for Educators
- EME 2450 - Introduction to Distance Education
- EME 2470 - Teaching in the Connected Age
- EME 2670 - Introduction to Instructional Design
- MAE 2801 - Elementary Schools Mathematics
- RED 2010 - Foundations of Reading
- Apply for admission to Seminole State.
- Meet with an advisor to make sure entry requirements are met.
- Complete the General Education requirements for an A.A. degree.
- Complete six credit hours with a diversity focus, such as a foreign language.
- Complete all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (GKT). To obtain registration information, please visit www.fl.nesinc.com.
- Complete the required field-based experience.