The Education Program at Seminole State College prepares students to work in diverse educational environments.
Why Seminole State?
Seminole State is accredited and approved by FLDOE to offer college level credits that individuals may use to earn the A.A. in education, renew their teaching certificate, or move from a temporary certificate to a professional certificate. We offer a variety of coursework to meet the needs of pre-service and in-service teachers.
- A.A. Degree
- Teacher Recertification
- Moving from a Temporary to Professional Teaching Certificate
- Teaching Students with Disabilities (SWD) Renewal Requirement
- Instructional Design Certificate
- Educator Preparation Institute (EPI)
- Convenient online, day, and evening classes
- Approved by Florida Department of Education
- Experienced faculty
- Project-based, learner-centered courses
- Small class sizes
- Apply for admission to Seminole State.
- Meet with an advisor to make sure entry requirements are met.
- Complete the General Education requirements for an A.A. degree.
- Complete six credit hours with a diversity focus, such as a foreign language.
- Complete all four parts of the General Knowledge Test (GKT). To obtain registration information, please visit www.fl.nesinc.com.
- Complete the required field-based experience.