As a valued Seminole State College employee, we understand that, at some point in your career, you may be faced with a workplace challenge. If that should happen, please follow these steps to utilize the College's resources to work toward a resolution to your work-related issue:
- Consult with your supervisor to discuss and implement a solution.
- If the issue is with your supervisor or the issue remains unresolved, contact one of Seminole State's Employee Relations representatives. They can help you determine which resources and services are best suited to guide you toward achieving a positive resolution.
- If the Employee Relations representative feels further escalation is required, you will be referred to the associate director of Employee Engagement, who may direct you to the associate vice president of Human Resources.
Employee Relations Office
All College employees may utilize the Employee Relations Office's services, which include listening, counseling, advising and referrals to outside agencies for additional assistance or support. An Employee Relations representative will meet with you at any Seminole State location.
Seminole State's trained Employee Relations representatives can assist faculty and staff members with:
- Work-related challenges that are related to attendance, working conditions, assignments, job performance or disciplinary matters
- Communication difficulties and conflict resolution
- Clarification of College policies and procedures
- Training opportunities
- Support through the Employee Assistance Plan
Interim, HR Director
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus; W-0144