Travel reimbursement is eligible to candidates for the following full-time positions:
Travel reimbursement will be paid to candidates meeting the following criteria:
- The candidate has participated in the initial telephone/web interview screening process (as applicable), and
- The candidate is traveling from a location that is more than 100 miles from the interview location, and
- The candidate is not disqualified from consideration due to improper credentials, background/conviction check information, or other misrepresentation, and
- The candidate completes the required Applicant Travel Request form and W-9 form and mails all completed forms along with original receipts to Human Resources within 20 business days of the interview.
The College will not reimburse any interview expenses for a candidate who withdraws from the employment process, declines the offer of the position, or submits their request for reimbursement more than 20 business days beyond the date of the interview.
Candidate Travel Reimbursement Guidelines
- Candidates are responsible for making their own travel arrangements, unless other instructions are provided.
- Reimbursement is provided for the cost of the most economical, feasible modes of transportation.
- Prior to an in-person interview, all candidates must have participated in a telephone/web interview when applicable.
- Hotel and airfare reimbursements are provided to candidates traveling more than 100 miles from the interview location.
- Seminole State College will pay up to $750of the applicant’s eligible travel expenses to include:
- Coach/economy airline ticket, booked in advance when possible including one checked bag
- Lodging up to $100 per night, 2 night maximum
- Compact size rental car for 2 days, and gas reimbursement up to $50 and does not include rental insurance and/or toll transponder fees
- We do not require receipts for meals as they will be paid at the per diem rate, as defined in Florida Statute:
- Breakfast, $6 when travel begins before 6 a.m., and extends beyond 8 a.m.
- Lunch, $11 when travel begins before noon and extends beyond 2 p.m.
- Dinner, $19 when travel begins before 6 p.m. and extends beyond 8 p.m.
- In lieu of airfare or rental car, a travel mileage allowance of $.445 per mile will be reimbursed, as defined by Florida Statute
- Parking fees and applicable tolls
- Please note: No other expenses will be covered other than those listed
Please Note: Travel reimbursement for the second and subsequent on-site interviews follow the same reimbursement schedule and will be paid to applicants in accordance with the guidelines listed above.
How to Request Reimbursement:
- Applicants should complete the Applicant Travel Reimbursement Request Form and W-9 form and mail the fully completed forms, along with their original receipts, to Human Resources Employment as soon as possible following the on-site interview. Ensure separate receipts are submitted for hotel, car rental, airline expenses, etc. Reimbursement requests must be received within 20 business days of the interview date.
- Human Resources will complete the appropriate travel worksheets and submit the request to the Office of Finance and Budget for final processing and disbursement.