Employee Recognition Programs
Pathfinder and Career Service Excellence Awards
Nominations are now open for 2020 until 4:30 pm on Monday, September 14, 2020!
Now is the time to take a moment to reflect back on this past fiscal year (July 1, 2019-June 30,2020), and recognize an outstanding Seminole State College employee(s) and/or department. Each year, College employees demonstrate their exceptional skill and dedication to our students, their peers and the communities we serve.
The Pathfinder and Career Service Excellence awards program is one way to say thank you to all those who embody the College's Core values and go above and beyond the call of duty and gives us the opportunity to celebrate our achievements together virtually at our annual college-wide Convocation on September 29, 2020.
The awards are funded by the Foundation for Seminole State College, and these funds are made possible by the generous donations of our faculty, staff, alumni and friends.
Share your Raider pride by submitting a nomination and help us acknowledge our colleagues’ successes, strengths, and commitment to excellence. Go State...Go Far!
How to nominate an employee or department
- Employees can nominate themselves or a fellow employee who they believe has demonstrated exemplary performance and models the College’s Core Values.
- Click on the links under each award category to access the nomination form and to review eligibility and selection criteria.
- Review the “eligible employee list” for each award to verify the employee meets the eligibility criteria.
- Describe on the nomination form why you believe the employee deserves the award. The examples you provide on the form assists the committee with the selection process.
- Submit nomination forms to Human Resources
Award Nomination Forms
- Full-Time Career Service Excellence Awards
Two full-time Career Service employees have the opportunity to each receive a $1,250 award.
- Part-Time Career Service Excellence Award
One part-time Career Service employee has the opportunity to receive a $750 award.
- Individual Pathfinder Awards
Up to three full-time employees have the opportunity to each receive a $2,000 award. This award is open to full-time Administrators, Faculty, Professional, Technical and Career Service Employees.
- Department Pathfinder Award
One College department has the opportunity to receive a $2,000 award. The award may be spent on department equipment or a department activity based upon parameters determined by the Foundation for Seminole State College, which provides funding for this award.
The Selection Process
Nomination forms are reviewed by committees of employees who are randomly selected by Human Resources. Human Resources takes into consideration diverse representation from various areas of the College. Members of the Selection Committee for the Career Service awards are selected from the list of Career Service employees eligible for the awards. The Selection Committee members for the Pathfinder awards are selected from all full-time employees including Faculty, Professional, Technical, Career Service and Administrators who are eligible for the awards.
Service Recognition and Retiree Luncheon
This is an annual event hosted by the Office of Human Resources to celebrate our employees for their years of dedication to the College. Employees who have five years of service and beyond, in five-year increments, receive an invitation to attend the luncheon. Individuals who retired the previous year are also invited to the celebration.