Employee Recognition Programs
Pathfinder and Career Service Excellence Awards
Nominations open for 2019!
Nomination submission deadline is September 3, 2019
Nominating deserving employees for the Pathfinder and Career Service Excellence awards gives us the opportunity to celebrate our achievements together at our annual college-wide Convocation event. The awards are funded by the Foundation for Seminole State College and these funds are made possible by the generous donations of our faculty, staff, alumni, and friends.
How to nominate an employee or department
- Any employee can nominate an employee that they believe has demonstrated exemplary performance and models the College’s Core Values.
- Click on the links under each award category to access the nomination form and to review eligibility and selection criteria.
- Review the “eligible employee list” for each award to verify the employee meets the eligibility criteria.
- Describe on the nomination form why you believe the employee deserves the award. The examples you provide on the form assists the committee with the selection process.
- Submit nomination forms to Human Resources
Award Nomination Forms
- Full Time Career Service Excellence Awards
Two full-time Career Service employees have the opportunity to each receive a $1,250 award.
- Part Time Career Service Excellence Award
One part-time Career Service employee has the opportunity to receive a $750 award.
- Individual Pathfinder Awards
Up to three full-time employees have the opportunity to each receive a $2,000 award. This award is open to full time Administrators, Faculty, Professional, Technical, and Career Service Employees.
- Department Pathfinder Award
One College department has the opportunity to receive a $2,000 award. The award may be spent on department equipment or a department activity based upon parameters determined by the Foundation for Seminole State College, which provides funding for this award.
The Selection Process
Nomination forms are reviewed by committees of employees who are randomly selected by Human Resources. Human Resources takes into consideration diverse representation from various areas of the College. Members of the Selection Committee for the Career Service awards are selected from the list of Career Service employees eligible for the awards. The Selection Committee members for the Pathfinder awards are selected from all full-time employees including Faculty, Professional, Technical, Career Service, and Administrators who are eligible for the awards.
Service Recognition and Retiree Luncheon
This is an annual event hosted by the Office of Human Resources to celebrate our employees for their years of dedication to the college. Employees who have 5 years of service and beyond, in 5 year increments, receive an invitation to attend the luncheon. Individuals who retired the previous year are also invited to the celebration.