Employment Process Manual, Faculty Screening Committee Planning Guide
The screening committee for a faculty position(s) should abide by the following guidelines:
- For a single-campus recruitment, committees should have five members.
- For a multiple-campus recruitment, committees should have seven members.
- The committee chair may be an associate dean or a faculty member.
- The committee chair may vote.
- Committee representation should include:
- two faculty members (from each campus/center conducting a search) selected for their knowledge of the content area and instruction
- an individual with management/administrative responsibilities
- a representative from the student services area
- an individual with knowledge of technology as it applies to the position
- an equity representative
- The committee should be diverse in its makeup and representative of the college population.
- All members of the screening committee will screen applications and will participate in all interviews.
- List the name of the committee chair and the name of each committee member on Approval of Screening Committee- HR-200 and indicate all applicable areas represented by each member.
- Obtain approvals before submitting to HR.