Employment Process Manual: Procedure for processing recommendation to hire
- Completes a Reference Check (HR-210).
- Creates Job Offer in PeopleSoft TAM.
- Approves Job Offer in PeopleSoft TAM and Submits for Next Level Approval (all full-time positions must have the approval of the vice president).
Human Resources Employment Office
- Determines if the candidate meets minimum requirements for the position including accreditation for any positions requiring a degree.
- Ensures foreign transcripts have been evaluated by an approved credentialing agency.
- Verifies with HR Compensation that the proposed salary is appropriate and within internal equity (salary exceptions with supporting documentation are reviewed by Human Resources and require approval by the president).
- Approves Job Offer in PeopleSoft TAM.
- Extends offer to candidate and if accepted coordinates a start date with department if it is different from the recommendation and schedules pre-employment processing and background check.
- Schedules New Employee Orientation and Benefits (full-time only).
- Reviews background check results.
- Completes the hiring process and submits all new hire documentation to HR Records for input into PeopleSoft.
- Notifies the Hiring Manager once the candidate is clear for hire.