Career Pathways for Adult Education

The School of Academic Foundations wants to give you a head start on pursuing a major or career. To help, we have organized various types of work into five Career Pathway groups. Informing us about which careers you are considering helps us guide your transition into college or the world of work. When students select their Career Pathway, it helps define their career goals – similar to declaring a major in college. Students are welcome to select multiple Career Pathways or change to another Pathway at any time. You can view, download and print our Career Pathway information sheet.

Major and Career Options

Please see below for some examples of the major and career options related to our Career Pathways at Seminole State College. Let us know if you have any questions about Career Pathways.

Dual Enrollment

"Ask your advisor if you qualify for FREE college classes for your Career Pathway!"

Please see below for instructions regarding dual enrollment opportunities for your Career Pathway at Seminole State College.

  1. Step One: Meet with your Educational Advisor in B-113 to determine eligibility to apply for Dual Enrollment.
    1. At least 12 high school credits
    2. Minimum unweighted GPA
      1. 3.0 for General Education Dual Enrollment - Fulfills General Education courses toward an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree.
      2. 2.5 for Career Dual Enrollment - Fulfills credit toward a career certificate that may lead into an A.S. degree in select programs.
        1. Business Administration
        2. Criminal Justice
        3. Pharmacy Technology
      3. 2.0 for Vocational Dual Enrollment - Programs have limited availability and may require qualifying Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) scores.
        1. Automotive Service Technology
        2. Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR)
        3. Some Apprenticeship Programs
        4. Welding Technologies
  2. Step Two: Submit a Dual Enrollment application.
    1. You must submit a new Dual Enrollment application as an AHS student, even if you have already participated in a Dual Enrollment program.
  3. Step Three: Submit your college-ready placement test scores.
    1. Your educational advisor can confirm if Seminole State already has qualifying test scores on file. If they are not on file, you may order your SAT score report from CollegeBoard using College Code 5662 or your ACT Web Account using College Code 0779. The standard fee is $12.
    2. Obtain a Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) referral from your Educational Advisor if you do not have a qualifying SAT or ACT score.
  4. Step Four: Return to your educational advisor in B-113 for course recommendations once your test scores are on file.
  5. Step Five: Bring your completed registration form to Student Services in building A to register for classes.
  6. Step Six: See your educational planner in B-114 to determine textbook availability. You are responsible for obtaining a required textbook if it is not available to borrow from the Adult High School.

If you are a Continuing Student in the Career Academy, repeat steps 3-5 under the New Students section.

Note: You must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA in your college-level courses to remain in the Dual Enrollment program.


Academic Success Coach
Lynette Serrano
Text - 407.708.2680

GED® Prep Directory