Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Associate in Science
After an injury, a patient needs a skilled set of hands to help them recover. This is where you come in. Become trained in physical therapy, and learn the application of physical agents, massage, gait training and therapeutic exercises that help relieve pain and restore function.
Getting Started: Fall Term 2021
June 14: Financial Aid
Aug. 16: Application
Aug. 23: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect™ to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,538||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,590||$11,088||$10,300|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$890||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2020-21 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) play an important role in helping people regain their independence and mobility following an illness or injury. An integral member of a rehabilitation team, PTAs work under the supervision of a physical therapist to help patients of all ages improve their quality of life by restoring physical function or preventing permanent disability. PTAs are responsible for implementing treatment protocols, teaching exercises, performing therapies and reporting client response to the physical therapist. In addition to direct patient care, they also assist with patient transport, preparation for treatments and maintenance of equipment.
Physical Therapist Assistants work in a variety of settings including acute and rehabilitation hospitals, private physical therapy offices, community health centers, outpatient and sports facilities, corporate or industrial health centers, research institutions, extended care facilities and schools, colleges and universities.
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
The demand for PTAs continues to grow as the nation’s rising aging population lives a longer, more active lifestyle. Due to a nationwide shortage of PTAs, employment in this field is expected to grow by 45 percent (much faster than average) through 2020 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).