To accommodate the growing need for pharmacy technicians, Seminole State College offers a Pharmacy Technology Program. Students can choose from the following:
Why Choose Seminole State?
The Pharmacy Technology Program at Seminole State offers:
- A Florida Board of Pharmacy-approved curriculum that prepares students for current job market demands.
- Training in current regulatory requirements.
- Experienced faculty who are committed to students' success.
- Exposure to current pharmacy technology and equipment.
- Convenience: Core courses are offered at the Altamonte Springs Campus; General Education courses required are offered on-campus and online.
- Affordable tuition.
- Free career services through the Career Development Center.
How to Apply
To be considered for admission, students must:
- Apply and be accepted to Seminole State College of Florida and complete the Steps to Enroll.
- Be eligible to enroll in ENC 1101 English I and a general education math course prior to starting the core Pharmacy Technology courses.
All applicants must submit to a criminal background check and be free of offenses that could disqualify them from working in a healthcare environment (Florida Statute 456.0635). Before requesting and paying for background check services, applicants with concerns should email the health professions career program advisor or call 407.404.6051.
A grant from the Plus 50 Community Colleges initiative is helping Pharmacy Technology Program students succeed.