Electrician Helper Career Certificate
For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule.
Prepare for your new career as an electrician with training in residential and commercial projects. This program is rich in online learning and hands-on lab experience, and prepares you for an entry-level position.
Getting Started: Fall 2020
June 8: Financial Aid
Aug. 17: Application
Aug. 24: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than trade schools.
- High-tech facilities: Labs are equipped with the latest technologies that simulate real-world job conditions.
- Industry involvement: Our industry-focused certificate programs offer excellent connections to Central Florida employers.
- Hands-on experience: Practical, hands-on learning experiences prepare students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Career advancement: Graduates are prepared for immediate entry into the workforce upon certificate completion.
Electrician Helper Career Certificate
Major Code : ELECTRI-VC
Educational Pathway: ELECTRI-VC
With the increase of construction activity of new residences and commercial structures, the demand for electricians and electrician helpers is on the rise. Employment of electrical-related occupations has a projected growth of fourteen percent over the next decade. The Electrician Helper Vocational Certificate prepares individuals for an entry-level position in the electrical industry. In a hands-on learning environment, students will be introduced to the fundamental aspects of the trade. The curriculum focuses on electrical trade safety, electrical math concepts, residential and commercial wiring concepts and applications. Upon completion of the certificate, the student will be able to assist electrical journeymen in the field from job layout to cleanup.
This program is designed for full-time, daytime track students to be completed within 12 months. Fall term start only. This program consists of both online learning and on-campus lab experiences. Students must have access to a computer and the internet. Departmental consent is required to register for the program. This program is financial aid eligible.
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Apply and be accepted at Seminole State College
- If non-exempt, complete the Form 11, Level D Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and successfully meet the following minimum scores to complete the program:
- Language: 584
- Math: 596
- Reading: 576
This Career certificate (previously PSAV) is eligible for 24 articulated credits towards the A.S. Industrial Technology Management degree.
Students are responsible for purchasing the following personal protective equipement (PPE) for the program: work gloves and safety glasses.
Total program hours: 1200
Courses beginning with a leading digit of "0", postsecondary adult vocational courses and AER prefix courses do not meet the requirements for an Associate in Arts or Bachelor's degree.
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a career certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees*
|Total per Credit Hour||$84|
|Total per Contact Hour Rate||$3|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on program costs for in-state students according to the 2019-20 fee schedule. The cost for books, supplies and any other program-related expenses will vary by program. Financial aid may be available for qualified students. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.