Art at Seminole State
Art gives us the ability to express ourselves. Through that expression, we communicate. Artists share their unique emotions, thoughts and experiences with the world. When you study other's art, you're seeing the world through their eyes. When you create art, you're letting others see the world through yours.
Art students will complete the common prerequisite courses for an upper-division art major as part of their general Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree program. After graduating from Seminole State, they can continue their studies at a state college or university with junior standing.
Seminole State's Art Program offers many benefits, including:
- A curriculum that parallels a four-year art school or university art program
- Instruction and personal guidance from professional artists and educators
- The opportunity to study and learn from other artists' work
- Art studios that allow students to express themselves artistically through multiple mediums
- Assistance in creating a portfolio
- The opportunity for students to display their best work at the annual Juried Student Art Exhibit in Seminole State's Center for Fine and Performing Arts Gallery
- Scholarships for promising art students
How do I prepare for a bachelor's degree in art?
Seminole State offers prerequisite courses that prepare A.A. degree students for the following art majors:
What career opportunities are available in art?
Because art is universal, it is used in multiple industries. That's one of art's greatest strengths: It can benefit everyone, even those who don't plan to continue with an art education. For examples of the career paths that a background in art can prepare you for, view the Benefits of an Art Education webpage.
Seminole State's Art Program can prepare you for a career in:
- Fine arts
- Commercial art
- Digital art
- Graphic design
- Interior design
- Art education
- And more!
Visit the Seminole State Career Development Center for more information on career possibilities and assistance with job placement.