Hospitality and Tourism Management Associate in Science
Take the lead in the one of the world’s largest and most diverse industries with an Associate in Science degree in Hospitality Management from Seminole State.
Conveniently located in Central Florida, a premier travel destination and home to some of the world’s best-known attractions, Seminole State is the perfect place to prepare for a leadership role in the hospitality industry. And because we’re so close, our program emphasizes real-world experience through internships and networking opportunities that will give you a direct connection to the industry.
- Hospitality Management Pathway: Associate in Arts
- Chef's Apprentice: Technical Certificate
- Event Planning Management: Technical Certificate
- Food and Beverage Management: Technical Certificate
- Food and Beverage Operations: Technical Certificate
- Food and Beverage Specialist: Technical Certificate
- Guest Services Specialist: Technical Certificate
- Rooms Division Management: Technical Certificate
- Rooms Division Operations: Technical Certificate
- Rooms Division Specialist: Technical Certificate
Getting Started: Summer Term 2021
March 15: Financial Aid
May 3: Application
May 10: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect™ to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
- Business Administration Website
- Business and Information Management Bachelor's Degree Stats
- Bachelor's Degree Office
407.708.2106 (call or text)
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,538||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,590||$11,088||$10,300|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$890||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2020-21 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
A career in hotel and restaurant management can be a rewarding career choice. There are many opportunities for graduates within this field:
- Hotel Management
- Front Office Reception
- Restaurant Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Catering and Event Management
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net Online.