Digital Media Associate in Science
For Fall Term 2021, we are offering in-person, hybrid, remote and online courses.
For more information, view class types.
Traditional face-to-face classes held on campus on set days and times. Masks/cloth face coverings and other precautions are strongly recommended.
Digital media is everywhere. It’s in everything we do. Learn the skills and theories behind conveying information to your audience with creativity so your message makes an impact. With hands-on training from instructors with extensive experience, you can build a powerful portfolio showcasing your talent and skills that will land you your dream job.
- Animation and Visual Effects: Technical Certificate
- Digital Media Content Developer: Technical Certificate
- Graphic Design Production Artist: Technical Certificate
- Graphic Design Content Developer: Technical Certificate
- Digital and Interactive Media Design: Technical Certificate
- Social Media Development: Technical Certificate
Getting Started: Fall Term 2021
June 14: Financial Aid
Aug. 16: Application
Aug. 23: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect® to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,538||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,400||$11,489||$10,300|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$810||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2021-22 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Digital media is a rapidly evolving field offering exciting opportunities to integrate the creative process of art and design with the technology of digital media production. The digital media artist uses visual communication and technologies to inform or entertain audiences. This field combines innovative thinking and creativity with a high level of technical skill. Change in this field is constant as technology progresses. An effective digital media artist must be able to work within a team along with possessing good communication skills. Career opportunities are available within a vast amount of industries such as entertainment, advertising, publication design, 3D modeling and animation, web design and interactivity.
Some of the career opportunities available for graduating students include:
- 3D Designer
- Advertising Designer
- Architectural Renderer
- Art Director
- Book Designer
- Chart/Graph Designer
- Creative Director
- Credits Designer
- CSS Developer
- Curriculum Materials Developer
- Digital Artist
- Digital Illustrator
- Digital Layout Artist
- Editorial Artist
- Editorial Illustrator
- Film/Video Graphic Designer
- Front-End Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Graphic Production Artist
- HTML Developer
- Industrial Designer
- Information Graphic Artist
- Instructional Materials Designer
- Interface Designer
- Magazine Designer
- Newspaper/Page Layout Designer
- Package Designer
- Pre-press Technician
- Presentation Artist
- Product Designer
- Storyboard Artist
- Training Video Producer
- Type Designer
- Web Designer
- Web Graphics Designer
- Web Illustrator/Imagist
- Web Production Artist Presentation Designer
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 8 percent from now until 2020. Expected growth will be due to increased demand for animation and visual effects in video games, movies, and television (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
College Credit Certificates
Students may complete the following college credit certificates as part of the Digital Design degree:
- Digital and Interactive Media Design Technical Certificate
- Digital Media - Digital Media/Multimedia Production Certificate
- Digital Media - Graphic Design Production Certificate
- Digital Media - Graphic Design Support Certificate
- Digital Media/Multimedia Web Production Certificate
- 3D Modeling & Interactive Media Support Certificate