Collective Bargaining is the process by which the Union and the College meet, discuss, and reach agreement on hours, wages, and terms and conditions of employment.
Collective Bargaining Teams
Interest Based Bargaining (IBB)
The Union and College agree to utilize IBB strategies and techniques to collectively bargain wages, hours and terms and conditions. The following constitute the basic components of the IBB process to be used by the parties:
- The joint bargaining team shall consist of equal numbers of management members and union members
- The IBB process shall follow the basic process outlined in the Raider Round Table flowchart which is in Appendix E.
- The joint bargaining team shall abide by the Ground Rules which is in Appendix F.
|Management Bargaining Team||Union Bargaining Team|
|Mae Ashby||Susan Aten|
|J. Paul Carland||Kevin Beers|
|Bill Elshoff||George Bernard|
|Doug Engel||Diana Boyette|
|Dick Hamann||Dalia Fox|
|Joe Mazur||Scott Freeman|
|Laura Ross||Julianna Groot|
|Stephen Summers||Myra Joseph|
|Lisa Valentino||Sharon "Cricket" Moore|
Alternates: Molly Kostenbauder, Adam Shafer, Kerri Smith, Van Quach
Union - Margaret Jenkins (Alternates - Tracy Harbin and Ashley Navarro)
Management - Joe Huston (Alternate - Debbie Lynch)
Notices of Collective Bargaining Sessions
Per Article 30, Article 26 - Compensation is subject to a reopener for the 2020-2021 fiscal year. Article 26 states that any adjustments to compensation shall be considered on a calendar year basis (“Compensation Cycle”). Article 26 furthermore states that bargaining for the Compensation Cycle shall occur in the fall term. Exact date(s), time(s) and location(s) will be posted here once the session(s) has been scheduled by the Labor Management Team.
Meeting dates, times, and locations are available on the Public Notices page.
Agenda and Minutes
Joint Planning - 4/18/2022 - Agenda
Full Book Bargaining - 5/2/2022 - Agenda
Full Book Bargaining - 5/3/2022 - Agenda
Full Book Bargaining - 5/4/2022 - Agenda
Full Book Bargaining - 5/5/2022 - Agenda
Full Book Bargaining - 5/6/2022 - Agenda
- Dues Deduction Form - Appendix A
- Article 8 - Faculty Rights
- Article 10 -Faculty Duties and Responsibilities
- Article 12 - Textbooks
- Article 13 - Faculty Contracts and Continuing Contract Appointments
- Article 14 -Faculty Assignments
- Article 19 - Professional Development
- Article 20 - Faculty Performance Evaluations
- Article 23 - Tuition Reimbursement
- Article 26 - Benefits
- Article 29 - Terminal Pay for Unused Leave
- Article 30 - Duration
Notices of Employee Benefits Committee Meetings (EBC)
Per Article 25 of the CBA with UFF-Seminole, bargaining unit members are entitled to the same benefits as all other full-time College employees. In addition, the CBA provides that any action by the Board of Trustees that alters the provisions of the College’s benefit program or any of the benefit plan description documents shall be incorporated by referenced into the agreement. Benefits are reviewed by the Employee Benefits Committee (EBC). The CBA provides that UFF-Seminole shall appoint three members of the unit to the EBC and that these representatives will represent the bargaining unit’s interests when performing their duties as Committee members.
Agendas and Minutes are found on the Employee Benefits Committee page.