Public Health Emergency
Emergency Response Plan
Safety and Security Dispatcher alerted via 911 call or by community agency.
- Completes first-responder assessment.
- Alert other appropriate on-campus responders, Marketing and Communications.
- Provide Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning support, as necessary.
- Post signage at emergency site to inform faculty/staff/students.
- Provide HAZMAT information.
Marketing and Communications
- Alert appropriate top administrators.
- Issue immediate statement acknowledging that the administration is aware of the incident and is investigating. More information will be released to the news media and the public as it becomes available.
- Alert appropriate college departments.
- Provide Seminole State information to news media, and serve as information hub.
- Establish telephone information hotline and updates as needed.
- Disseminate administrative decisions regarding the emergency.
- Appoint a spokesperson for the incident.
Emergency Management Team
- Review situation assessments and updates as they become available.
- Authorize relocation or cancellation of classes, if necessary.
- Authorize relocation or closing of staff offices, if necessary.
- Coordinate initial meeting - team leader.
- Convene committee of health professionals to determine if threat is sufficient to cancel classes, cease certain functions such as public performances, and to coordinate preventative actions with Seminole County Health Department, and to disseminate information to staff, faculty and students.
- Respond to administrative decision to cancel/relocate classes and other activities.
Facility users/Building occupants
- If directed to do so by Safety and Security or members of Emergency Management Team, evacuate building and move to Emergency Meeting Area for affected building.