Civil Disturbance - Off Campus
Emergency Response Plan
Safety and Security responds if requested by off-campus jurisdiction.
- Complete responder assessment.
- Alert appropriate on-campus responders and Marketing and Communications.
- Handle traffic/crowd control.
- Provide staging support as required.
- Provide access keys.
- Provide Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning support, as necessary.
- Provide building As-Builts drawings.
- Post signage at emergency site to inform faculty/staff/students.
- Provides HAZMAT information.
Marketing and Communications
- Alert appropriate top administrators.
- Issue immediate statement acknowledging that the administration is aware of the incident and is investigating. More information will be released to the news media and the public as it becomes available.
- Alert appropriate college departments.
- Provide information to news media, and serves as information hub.
- Establish telephone information hotline and updates as needed.
- Disseminate administrative decisions regarding the emergency.
- Appointment a spokesperson for the incident.
Emergency Management Team
- Review situation assessments and updates as they become available.
- Authorize relocation or cancellation of classes, if necessary.
- Authorize relocation or closing of staff offices, if necessary.
- Coordinate initial meeting - team leader.