Emergency Response Plan
Emergency planning is critical to the health and welfare of members of the Seminole State College community. Its purpose is to provide a response to threats.
This plan outlines the general areas of responsibility for Seminole State College departments charged with responding to emergencies. Detailed emergency procedures are contained in individual departmental emergency response plans, which will be executed, as appropriate, during emergency situations. This Emergency Response Plan provides an overarching framework for the coordination of specific departmental plans.
This outline is arranged by emergency type. Many response steps are identical, regardless of the type of emergency, but there are some variations. The general response outline in the introduction of this plan provides an overview of the functions of each campus' emergency response unit.
The Emergency Response Team, under the College's vice president of information technology and resources/CIO, produced this plan and provides guidance for its implementation:
- Interim Vice President of Financial Services/CFO: Richard Collins
- Vice President of Information Technology and Resources/CIO/Interim Vice President of Student Affairs: Dick Hamann
- Vice President of Academic Affairs: Laura Ross
- Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Communications/PIO: Kate Henry
- Associate Vice President, Human Resources: Mae Ashby
- Associate Vice President, Financial Services: Judi Cooper
- Dean, Altamonte Springs Campus: Lynn Garrett
- Dean, Oviedo Campus: Jeffery Gibbs
- Director, Campus Safety and Security: Maxine Oliver
- Manager, Public Relations, Media Relations & Institutional Communications/PIO: Mark Richardson
- Communications Coordinator/PIO: Kimberly Allen
- Director of Facilities: Hector Dietsch
- Director of Counseling and Advising: Deborah Lynch
- General Counsel: Paul Carland
- Associate Dean, Center for Public Safety: Jim Lee
- Manager, Adult Education: Michael Woodson
- Building Manager, Oviedo and Geneva: Bart Luscuskie
- Building Manager, Altamonte Springs and Heathrow: Chris Lemm
- Facilities Trades Manager, Sanford/Lake Mary Campus: Gary Snyder
- Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator: Kevin Carr
Administrative Chain of Authority
In the event of an emergency, the chain of authority for administrative decision-making is as follows:
- President or a designate (normally the vice president of information technology and resources/CIO; otherwise, a substitute will be identified)
- Vice President, Student Success Services
- Chief of Security; Campus administrators may initiate decisions for their facilities (as follows)
- Campus Dean, Oviedo Campus
- Campus Dean, Altamonte Springs Campus
Administrative decisions that relate to emergency situations, such as the decision to cancel classes, send employees home or close the College, are made by the top-ranking available person in the administrative chain of authority or the administrator of an area campus, based on input from reporting agents, appropriate administrators (if available) and the Seminole State Emergency Response Team.