1. Safety and Security Dispatcher alerted via 911 call or by community agency.
- Completes first-responder assessment.
- Alerts appropriate on-campus responders, Marketing and Communications
- Handles traffic/crowd control.
2. Facilities Management
- Provide staging support as required.
- Provide access keys.
- Provide Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning support, as necessary.
- Provide building As-Builts drawings.
- Post signage at emergency site to inform faculty/staff/students.
- Provide HAZMAT information.
- Observe/evaluate building evacuation.
- Handle OSHA paperwork.
- Establish telephone information hotline and updates as needed.
3. Marketing and Communications
- Alert appropriate top administrators.
- Issue immediate statement acknowledging that the administration is aware of the incident and is investigating. More information will be released to the news media and the public as it becomes available.
- Alert the Computing and Telecommunication Services.
- Alert appropriate college departments.
- Provide Seminole State information to news media, and serve as information hub.
- Assist Facilities Management with telephone hotline message.
- Disseminate administrative decisions regarding the emergency.
- Appointment a spokesperson/evaluate for the incident.
4. Emergency Management Team
- Review situation assessments and updates as they become available.
- Authorize relocation or cancellation of classes, if necessary.
- Authorize relocation or closing of staff offices, if necessary.
- Coordinate initial meeting - team leader.
5. Room Reservations
- Respond to administrative decision to cancel/relocate classes and other activities.
6. Facility users/Building occupants
- If directed to do so by Safety and Security or members of Emergency Management Team, evacuate building and move to Emergency Meeting Area for affected Building.