Information Systems Technology Associate in Science
Getting Started: Spring 2023
Sept. 29: Financial Aid
Jan. 3: Application
Jan. 9: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect® to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$5,666||$5,954|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,950||$11,592||$11,498|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$810||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the current fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on the current academic year for in-state students living on campus. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on cost of attendance information provided by the State University System of Florida. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Information technology (IT) plays a vital role in nearly every aspect of modern life. IT professionals possess the highly valuable technical skills required to create the software, maintain the computer networks and secure and protect the information that allows companies to be competitive. Consistent demand for the services provided by these specialists has resulted in numerous, highly-lucrative domestic and international career opportunities.
Graduates of this program are employed as:
- Network Administrators
- Network Analysts
- Network Designers
- Network Integrators
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
Considered one of Central Florida’s high-skill, high-wage professions, employment in the IT field is expected to grow by 28 percent (faster than average) through 2020 (Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
College Credit Certificates
Students may complete the following college credit certificates as part of the Information Systems Technology degree:
- IP Communications Technical Certificate
- IT Client Specialist Certificate
- Network and IP Support Specialist Certificate
Graduates of this program may be qualified to earn the following industry certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CISCO004
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security), CISCO011
- CompTIA A+, COMPT001
- CompTIA Convergence+, COMPT003
- CompTIA Linux+, COMPT005
- CompTIA Network+, COMPT006
- CompTIA Security +, COMPT008
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) - Windows Server, MICRO046
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, MICRO013
- Microsoft Desktop Support Technician, MICRO006
- Professional (MCIT) Server Administrator, MICRO034
Additional industry certifications may be available for college credit certificate programs.