Computer Programming and Analysis Associate in Science
If terms like systems analysis, database programming, and modeling and simulation are your buzzwords, this degree is for you. You will learn the foundations of computer technology and the skills needed to design, build and implement IT solutions, equipping you for this high-demand field. With this A.S., you can choose specializations in simulation, programming or web development, and go on to pursue your bachelor’s degree in IT.
- Computer Science Pathway: Associate in Arts
- Computer Programming: Technical Certificate
- Computer Programming Specialist: Technical Certificate
- Computer Repair and Installation: Technical Certificate
- Information Technology Analysis: Technical Certificate
- Web Development: Technical Certificate
- Information Systems Technology: Bachelor of Science
Getting Started: Fall Term 2021
June 14: Financial Aid
Aug. 16: Application
Aug. 23: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Affordable tuition: Earn a state university education at about half the cost.
- Small class sizes: With classes of 30 or less, you don’t have to learn in an auditorium.
- Online degree option: Most courses for our A.S. degrees are offered in person and online, so you can study when and where you want.
- Seamless transition: Most A.S. graduates earn credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree at Seminole State or at the University of Central Florida through DirectConnect™ to UCF.*
- Job Placement: According to state data, most Seminole State A.S. programs have placement rates above 90 percent.
*A.S. students who are planning to transfer to bachelor's degree programs should meet with a counselor, advisor or specialist to make sure the required courses are taken and the entry requirements are met.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and great value. And to us, that’s scholarly.
In fact, a full-time college education at Seminole State is more than $10,000 less each year than most state universities.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fee Comparison*
|Tuition and Fees||$3,131||$6,380||$6,538||$6,379|
|Room and Board||-0-||$10,590||$11,088||$10,300|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$890||$1,000||$1,200|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2020-21 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms, with 15 credit hours per term for in-state students. Dorm fees, meal plans and book expenses are estimates based on information provided on each university's website. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Computer programmers and analysts are high-tech linguists. Computer programmers write the code and create the languages and software programs computers follow to operate. Additionally, systems programmers oversee the work of computer programmers and serve as technical advisors to systems analysts, application programmers and operations personnel.
Graduates of this program are employed as:
- Applications Programmers
- Computer Programmers
- Software Testers
- Systems Analysts
- Systems Programmers
- Web Developments
- Web Masters
- Web Programmers
For career information related to this program, please visit O*Net OnLine.
Considered one of Central Florida’s high-skill, high-wage occupations, employment in the computer programming field is expected to grow by 12 percent (about as fast as average) through 2020 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
College Credit Certificates
Students pursuing this degree also may obtain the following college credit certificates:
- Computer Programming Certificate
- Computer Programming Specialist Certificate
- Information Technology Analysis Certificate
- Web Development Certificate
Graduates of this program MAY BE qualified to earn the following industry certifications:
- CIW Internet Business Associate
- CIW Site Development Associate
- CIW Web Design Specialist
- CIW Web Foundations Associate
- CIW Database Design Specialist
- Microsoft Office Access 2013
- Microsoft Office Excel 2013 Expert Part One
- Microsoft Office Excel 2013 Expert Part Two
- Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2013
- Microsoft Office Word 2013 Expert Part One
- Microsoft Office Word 2013 Expert Part Two
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Database
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Software Development
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Programming in C#
- Oracle Certified Associate Java SE Programmer
- Oracle Certified ProfessionalJava SE Programmer
Seminole State’s A.S. Degree in Computer Programming and Analysis will transfer to the College’s Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Information Systems Technology.
Seminole State’s Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees are designed to prepare graduates for immediate entry into their chosen career field and/or transfer into certain baccalaureate programs. Students planning to transfer to a college or university should consult with an academic advisor to ensure completion of all entry requirements for the baccalaureate program of their choice.