Veteran Responsibilities

In order to maintain your eligibility for VA education benefits and comply with the laws governing the GI Bill, you must be aware of and abide by the following policies and regulations:

  • Notify Seminole State College of your intent to use your VA education benefits before the start of each semester. To do so, complete the Certification Request, and turn it in to the College's Veterans Office in room A-102 on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
  • Notify Seminole State's Veterans specialist of all changes to your enrollment status or personal record.
  • VA educational benefits may not be used to take courses outside of your declared major/program of study.
  • Satisfactory academic progress must be maintained while using your education benefits. Students not meeting the academic standards of a 2.0 GPA or above will have their benefits terminated. A student may be recertified for benefits only after achieving satisfactory standards of progress.
  • Benefits may not be used to repeat a satisfactorily completed course.
  • If you are enrolled in a vocational program, you must submit a completed vocational attendance sheet to the College's Veterans Office each month.
  • If you are receiving education benefits through the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30 or 1606) or Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607), you must verify your enrollment on the last day of each month. To do so, call 877.823.2378, or log in to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) system on the GI Bill website.


Office of Veteran Student Services
Fax: 407.708.2564
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus:  Student Center (SC), Room 266 - 2nd Floor