Certify Your Enrollment with the VA
Please note: Any changes made to your enrollment must be reported the school's certifying official, email email@example.com, immediately to avoid delay in VA payments or possible overpayments.
To ensure uninterrupted receipt of your VA benefits, an enrollment certification request must be submitted to the Veterans Affairs Office for each semester you are enrolled. To request an enrollment certification, please follow the guidelines established below:
- Do not submit a request if this is your first time using VA benefits at Seminole State College. New students must visit the Vetarans Affairs Office in person with a copy of their certificate of eligibility, DD Form 214 and any additional Department of Defense or VA documents.
- Submit only one request per term, and submit it only after you have completed the registration process and finalized your class schedule. Changes made after your certification has been processed will be automatically reported to the VA after the add/drop period. The tuition payment request will not be processed until after the add/drop period.
A VA deferment may be accepted once your request has been received and processed. Please allow 24 hours from the time your request is submitted before logging into the student center to accept the deferment. Please note that students awarded financial aid will defer payments under financial aid. In this case, a VA deferment link will not be available.
Rules of Engagement
Registered students using VA educational benefits must:
- Only register for classes that are part of their educational plan of study. All other classes will not be certified.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Cover all costs associated with repeating a course on a third attempt.
- Understand that a minimum of seven credit hours is needed to receive Post-9/11 at the half-time rate.
- Understand that at least one on-campus class is required to receive the full housing allowance.
- Understand that tuition assistance and EDD may not be used in conjunction with the Post-9/11 benefits.
- Check their Seminole State Live Mail accounts for important VA information and updates.
- Petition to remove all registered courses if called to active duty