Department of Veterans Affairs Administration Regulations
VA Pending Payment Compliance
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), CCSU adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 G.I. Bill®) or Chapter 31 (Veteran Readiness & Employment-VR&E) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA.
Seminole State will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment.
- Assess a late penalty fee to.
- Require student secure alternative or additional funding.
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Provide Post- 9/11 GI Bill ® (CH33) Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.
Note: Post- 9/11 GI Bill ® (CH33) students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 student cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.
- Provide written request to be certified.
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
Isakson & Roe: Section 1010 states that Post- 9/11 GI Bill ® (CH33)
Educational Assistance recipients effective August 1, 2021, must verify their enrollment status each month to continue receiving their monthly housing allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments. Students are asked to verify their enrollment status relative to what we have reported on your behalf.
This is not attendance verification.
Students can verify their enrollment status in one of two ways:
Text Messaging – Students who choose VA’s “Opt-In” feature will receive a text message each month prompting them to verify their enrollment status.
Telephone – Students may call the Education Call Center (ECC) at 888-442-4551 to verify their enrollment status.
- If a student fails to verify for two consecutive months, VA will withhold future MHA payments until they call the Educational Call Center (ECC) to verify.
Isakson & Roe: Section 1019 requires that schools and training programs be financially responsible, instead of the student, for benefits paid directly to an educational institution pursuant to the Post-9/11 GI Bill ® for tuition and fees or the Yellow Ribbon program, under the Post -9/11 GI Bill ®. (Authority 38 U.S.C 3685(b)) Effective January 5, 2021.
- If there is a change of enrollment which resulted in an overpayment of tuition and fees, we will receive notification from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- You will also receive notification from VA indicating the tuition and fee debt amount to be collected.
- The VA will not collect the tuition and fee debt from you.
- The VA will collect this amount from your school.
- In turn, we will require you to pay any outstanding balance for tuition and fees. The debt will be managed by our office.
- If you have questions about how to repay this debt, please call VA Debt Management Center toll-free at 1-800-827-0648.