Becoming a Military Student at Seminole State

This checklist is a step-by-step guide to assist veterans who wish to begin using their VA benefits as students at Seminole State College.

Active Duty

Florida National Guard

  • Apply for Education Dollars for Duty by following the information found on the EDD website.

Veterans and Dependents Eligible for VA Educational Benefits

  • Apply for or update the school information on the Department of Veterans Affairs website to use your educational benefits at Seminole State College.
    • Create a VA account or log into in order to track your benefits.
    • Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Veteran Student Services Office.


  • Apply for Admission to Seminole State College.
  • Apply for Financial Aid.
    • Go to and fill out this free federal application for financial aid—this is money available to you that is in addition to VA educational benefits or Tuition Assistance.
    • Fill out FAFSA with Seminole State College of Florida as your school.
      • The school code for the Seminole State is 001520. 
    • Note: Scholarships and Grants are “free money,” loans are not.
  • Order your military training transcript.
  • Order all college transcripts from the college’s website where you attended.
  • Send all college/military transcripts to:
    • Seminole State College of Florida
    • Enrollment Services
    • 100 Weldon Blvd.
    • Sanford, FL 32773
  • Get Advised (Advisor is listed in your portal).
  • Register for classes -each class must count towards your program. Note: Military students are able to register early.
  • Send all required forms (i.e., VA Certificate of Eligibility, TA funding form, DD for 214 for veterans, etc.) to
  • Complete a Certification Request Form (CRF).
  • Get your student ID.
  • Obtain a parking pass.
  • Buy your books.
  • Attend classes.
  • Read Keys to Success.


Office of Veteran Student Services
Fax: 407.708.2564
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus:  Student Center (SC), Room 266 - 2nd Floor