New to Online Learning
Welcome to Seminole State Online! We are excited to have you this semester and hope you enjoy your student experience. After you have applied to Seminole State of Florida and registered for an online class, we encourage you to follow the steps below to make sure you're all set up and ready to go on the first day of class.
Before Classes Start
- Complete the Student Orientation to Online Learning by enrolling in Passport to Canvas.
- Login to MySeminoleState to access the registration system and sign up for classes.
- Log into Canvas at the start of the term to access your online course. You must complete an academic activity in each of your courses before end of the add/drop period, or you will be dropped for lack of participation.
- If your course does not appear in Canvas, double-check the course's start/end dates. Your course will only be visible during its scheduled session. We recommend adding these dates to your personal calendar. If you recently added or dropped a course, it will take up to six hours before the change appears in Canvas (or overnight if the change was made after 4:00pm).
- View your course announcements and syllabus.
- Update the Canvas mobile app for iOS or Android to the latest version. Note: We recommend you use a desktop or laptop computer rather than the app to submit assignments and take quizzes/exams. If you do not have access to a computer, consider borrowing a laptop from the College Library.
- Customize your Canvas Notifications.
- Make sure you use a supported web browser.
- Purchase your textbook and supplies at Seminole State's Barnes & Noble Bookstore.
- Need help with Canvas? Use our Canvas Help Guides.
To be successful in learning online, it is important to login often to complete your coursework. Engage with your classmates and communicate regularly with your professor. To make the most of your online course experience, view these additional online study tips.